05

if san had to give himself an award for something, it would be dealing with wooyoung.

"mhm." he mumbled, as wooyoung rambled on about funny stories he had. there were a lot, so much san thought he was sitting there for hours, but he didn't stop him for an unknown reason.

"someone was admitted to a mental hospital for talking to plants, i'm kind of glad i'm not them." wooyoung giggled at his statement, thinking back at the man who had called plants his friends.

"you know if you think about it, your like him too. i'm a plant." san said, trying to sound convincing. "how are you a plant, you look pretty human to me." wooyoung crossed his arms, and waited for san to answer.

he was going to respond with something like, 'i need water and sunshine to grow and stay healthy.' but something in wooyoung's eyes made it hard to look away.

"s-san?" wooyoung stuttered, tilting his head. "can you not stare?" san shook his head, and lightly smacked the side of his face as to scold himself. "sorry, i dozed off." san responded, before looking out a nearby window.

"dozed off, really?" wooyoung sighed before a lady entered san's room.

"wooyoung, please come with me?" she asked softly. wooyoung nodded before getting up and following the women. san watched, before wooyoung had disappeared.

"finally some peace and quiet."

san muttered, making himself comfortable again. he closed his eyes and hoped he could fall asleep, but knew he wouldn't.

the only time he had ever fallen asleep, was when wooyoung had been in the room with him. san refused to believe wooyoung's company was comforting though.

he hated wooyoung being around, despite not being alone for once. he was always following san around, and wouldn't stop talking. it almost gave san a headache, but somehow he dealt with it.

——————————

"wooyoung." the lady spoke, honestly giving wooyoung anxiety. "yes?" she pushed her glasses up, and folded her arms before giving wooyoung that look.

"he didn't make it." it echoed through his ears, as if it would haunt him for the rest of his life. if it wasn't the most heartbreaking thing he had ever hear, he didn't know what was.

"oh," was all he could think of. the women who had told him the news frowned, "i'm sorry, we tried. you can go now and let me know if you need anything."

wooyoung nodded, and removed himself from the small room.

"its not worth it anymore woo.."

"i don't care! don't do it!"

"i'm sorry."

a tear streamed down wooyoung's cheek as he walked down the empty hallways of the hospital. everyone was in their rooms by now, it was considered "nap time." but no one ever really napped.

wooyoung didn't even notice he had passed san's room, and went back to his own. you would think san wouldn't notice wooyoung passing his room, but he did.

he couldn't sleep anyways, and heard some footsteps in the hallway. soon enough, his eyes caught wooyoung walking lifelessly passed san's room.

it made san wonder what happened, to make wooyoung's face drop so much. he didn't look like wooyoung anymore. should he be glad?

maybe he wouldn't get bothered anymore?

hopefully that's what will happen.