Yaku grit his teeth, jumping back and switching his staff's positions. The dents facing towards the ground glistened in the light. They circled each other, Yaku guiding the motion of the two. He twirled his staff and placed it behind him.

Even though he has smaller weapons, it doesn't mean that he has many openings, Yaku thought. I'm grateful that he's more speed than power. He eyed Noya's body up and down, heart pounding in his chest. There!

Yaku dashed forward, swiping towards Noya's ankles. Noya jumped, and Yaku pushed his leg up for a kick.

Noya, eyes wide and hyper, thrust his body down and blocked the kick- sending him flying to the side with a grunt.

Yaku pounced back on his feet, pivoting and sprinting towards the Karasuno member with his weapon at the ready.

"Shit," Noya gasped, gaining footing and shaking his arms out. "He's good."

Yaku appeared before him, swiping upwards towards Noya's jaw. Sidestepping, Noya slashed at the staff once again, gripping the hilts as hard as he could.

"Why did you choose these weapons? I could have slashed right through your staff with a single swing?"

"Oh? Are you yielding?" Yaku asked, relaxing his stance ever so slightly.

"No way in hell!" Noya, with a quick pivot and his propulsion from his legs, leapt up, blades shining in the sun's bright rays. "Spin attack from the sun's wrath!"

He twisted his body, blades leaving no openings as he fell on top of Yaku, blade towards his throat. "Thanks for the weapon, Yaku!"

Yaku, stunned, sat there in shock. He grasped his staff with a sigh. "Guess that's what I get for not warming up." He pushed the energetic boy off of him. "You're fast, kiddo."

"Wha-? How old are you?" Noya asked with annoyance.

"25, or as Kuroo likes to call me: 'old man.'"

"He's right. You're an ancient relic."

"Watch your mouth!" Yaku snapped. "I like you, Noya. How about I teach you how to tap into your true potential? You're on par with Kenma's speed- maybe faster."

"You're going to teach me when you lost?"

"I went easy, idiot. I'll fight you when you're not a rookie anymore," Yaku replied, whacking him on the head with his staff before standing up and heading towards Daichi. "That your kid?"

"Well, technically he's not my kid..."

"So he is your kid."

"Well-"

Yaku pointed his staff's head at Daichi's forehead. "This isn't even my real weapon- mine is sharp on both sides."

"Okay, that's way more cool," Tanaka admitted, running up to Noya. "Nice job, man." He extended a hand out with a large, lopsided grin.

Noya returned the smile with one of his own and grabbed the hand, hoisting himself up with a sudden burst of energy.

"I can't believe you won against him. He's, like, one of the best soldiers in the entire kingdom! The only reason why he lost to King Kuroo was-"

"Hey, get over here Noya!" Daichi called out.

"Tell me later, 'kay?"

Tanaka nodded, watching him go off. Yaku is a demon on the battlefield, and was obviously holding back by holding a defensive stance for the majority of the fight. Tanaka frowed, trying to figure out the mentor's actions. Usually, he's on the offense with over 90% of his attacks hitting. Does he really look down on us that much?

Tanaka sighed, rubbing his head. "Whatever! It doesn't matter."

"What are you talking about?" Ennoshita asked, coming up behind him.

"...Yaku's actin' strange and shit," he mumbled. "But I can tell that he and Noya will get along well."

"You use your brain more than I give you credit for," Ennoshita said, clapping his friend on the back.

"Oi! I happen to use my brain more often than you think?"

"Twice a month?"

"Let's... just go and see what Dachi's talkin' 'bout," he grumbled, walking over to the rest of the group. Tsukki and Yamaguchi were caught up in their own conversations and who knows where Kageyama and Hinata were.

Yaku turned around with a smile. "I think you are all in need of some formal knight training!"

Hinata walked in on everyone cheering. "What're they excited about?"

"No clue," Kenma replied, fiddling with a piece of string. "My best guess is that Yaku is going to train all of you. He's been looking for promising fighters; nothing like what we have now." He looked up at some of the trainees, including Lev who was off talking with someone else. He sighed. "I don't know what Kuroo sees in that tall bastard."

"I think he looks neat! Do you know him?"

"Lev Habia, first son of the Habia family and will take over the family business. I don't know what the business is but-" Kenma looked up to see the bouncing ball of sunshine disappear and hopping towards the tall, noble man.

"...Oh dear," Kenma mumbled.