The Avengers: Making History

Triggers: Politics, specifically the 2020 Presidential Election. I'm a Biden and Kamala (love her) supporter! If you don't agree with my political views, that's fine. Feel free to skip this. But please don't hate on it, thanks :) Ships: None. Characters: The Avengers.

"So...let me get this straight," Thor said with a confused look on his face. "Midgard--"

"Earth--" Clint chimed in, rolling his eyes. "It's Earth, dumbass." 

Cap elbowed him in the ribs for interrupting. Nat called "Language!" Cap gave her a withering stare.

"Earth," Thor continued, ignoring the interruption, "has never had a female ruler?"

"No, Point Break, the United States has never had a female...ruler," Tony said with a stifled laugh.

"So...this Unity of States has never had a ruler of the female sex?" Thor asked.

"Um, President. It's called a President, Thor," Bruce said helpfully.

"And nope. No we have not," Tony said, shaking his head.

"It's bullshit if you ask me," Nat agreed angrily.

"Not only that, they've never had a vice president either," Clint said from the vents, which he had hidden in to avoid hearing the CNN anchors drone on.

"Vice President?" Thor asked, confused.

"Think of it like...an assistant," Bruce offered. 

"Ah, thank you Banner. Your insufferable knowledge vomit has indeed come in handy!" Tony snorted.

"So...yeah. No female President, no female Vice President. Only one colored President in history, and no colored Vice Presidents in history," Cap summarized.

"That's what makes this year's election so incredible," Nat said excitedly.

"How do you mean?" Thor inquired.

"See, there are two parties, called Democratic and Republican. Think of them as...groups. Two different groups with different ideas on how to run the country. From a neutral stand-point, both have pros and cons, great representatives/candidates, and some...less so. This year's Republican candidates are an example of the latter, in my and our opinion. Donald Trump and Mike Pence, running for President and Vice President." Cap explained, trying to sound unbiased. Nat just ground her knuckles menacingly, and Bruce shook his head with frustration. Not at Cap, but at Pence and mostly Trump.

"Trump, and Pence by extension...believe that not all people are equal, because of how they look or their gender or who they love. And it's. Not. Okay," Nat said, trying to keep her voice steady.

"That's where Joe Biden and Kamala Harris come in," Cap says with a smile. "The Democratic nominees this year." Clint whooped from the vents, and everyone else in the room grinned happily.

"Biden's an actually competent leader and will help us with equality and rights and unity, things this country is supposed to be about. And if he wins, he and Harris are going to help us fix this pandemic we've been dealing with since Spring too!" Tony added on.

"And Kamala Harris is this absolutely fantastic politician, a Indian-American and Black woman who wants to fight for all of us. She's bold, brave, and incredible, and will be the first female, Indian, and Black Vice President! I...I love her," Nat said with a cheer and a smile.

"She sounds like a fabulous person! Like Frigga. Well, a Midgard Frigga," Thor said with a sad but proud smile.

"Ahhhhh shit it's here! Guys guys, they're calling Pennsylvania!" Tony called out, shrieking and absolutely losing it. 

"Dude! Really?!" Clint exclaimed as he fell out of the vents into Nat's arms. She just rolled her eyes and handed him to Thor, who grinned at him in a bemused away.

"Oh God. Ohhhhh God," Cap said nervously, sweating and pacing.

"This is the moment of truth," Bruce said, hiding his head in his hands.

"Shit shit shit shit," Tony murmured, shaking Bruce's arm. The latter glared at him but he was terrified too.

"It's going to be Biden and Kamala. It's going to blue," Nat said confidently, the only one brave enough to watch the screen. 

The CNN anchors announced the Breaking News update, and then...

"YES! HELL YES!"

It was an uproar. Pennsylvania went blue, and Biden Harris won the election! Joe Biden was the President Elect, and Kamala Harris was the Vice President Elect!

"We're going to have a female and colored Vice President," Nat sobbed unabashedly into Clint's shoulders, and he howled with tears too.

"Now that's patriotism!" Cap said in delight, pumping his fists.

"My kids are so lucky. They're living through history!" Clint said through his crying.

"We're making history," Nat said with an ecstatic smile.

And so they were. Thor smiled jubilantly, finally understanding what they were so excited about. Tony and Bruce cheered together, the Science Bros' arms around each other's shoulders. Cap sang the National Anthem with tears in his eyes, wearing his Captain America suit in celebration. Clint hugged Nat and cried happy tears, and Nat?

Nat said, "Let's go celebrate in the streets. Let's go show everyone what the Avengers think of our future President and Vice President of the United States!"