Chapter 3

~Five years later~

"C'mon Lissy! Stop cheating!"

"Ha-ha! I'm not cheating and you know it!" I laughed pushing myself faster.

'Everyone back to the pack house, NOW!' Alpha shouted to us through the mind link using his Alpha command. The Alpha command didn't really affect me and if I wanted to, I could ignore it, but he's my Alpha and I respected him. Once Brad and I got back to the pack house, we went into the back garden to find the rest of the pack there. We stood either side of Alpha, Brad being his Beta since his Dad stepped down after getting seriously injured by a rogue attack and me being his third in command.

"As everybody knows, lately rogue attacks have gotten higher and higher so we've been training to be more prepared for them and as always not every pack has had the same idea. Because we are quite a small pack but we are strong and have many fighters we've been sent to temporary join another pack again to help train them and possibly fight with them to stop this threat. I don't expect all of you to join us as we have to have people living here so no one else claims it but I do need the best and strongest fighters. Every other weekend I will be coming back to see how things are getting on here but our mind links will still work with Lissy," Alpha looked at me and nodded, "If you need me or any problems arise don't hesitate in contacting Lissy and getting her to tell me, okay?" Everybody nodded. "Good. We still need some of you here to protect the pack though so if you don't want to join us, you don't have to. Everyone that does, follow me. Now, as you were."

Our pack was a warrior pack and we were all well trained fighters. Brad and I being the strongest fighters we obviously had to go with Alpha being his left- and right-hand men... or in my case, woman. We followed Alpha into his office. I noticed all of our fighters joined us as well making me roll my eyes.

"Right Brad, because you are my Beta, I need you to stay here to take care of things seeing as Jonny isn't old enough." I snapped my head in his direction. Brad's not coming with us? I saw Brad look at me out the corner of his eye and say 'Yes Alpha' I was gutted. Brad's like an older brother to me and he's my best friend. Since the day him and his Dad found me out in the woods, he's been my rock. He was there for me when I had nightmares and he helped me with my training and everything else. Jonny was the Alphas arrogant son who was only sixteen but thought he could take on the world. Brad and I were still busy training him. Plus, our Luna died about three years before I joined, so it's not like she can help with the pack whilst we're gone.

"Now Lissy, you are our strongest fighter, being stronger than both me and Brad so you will be the one in charge of the training as you are with the pups here." I nodded my head in agreement, still a bit disheartened that Brad wasn't coming with us. "Now half of you will need to be here to protect the pack and do regular runs through the territory as usual but you'd have to take extra shifts with our absence. The other half with come with me and Lissy and you will help her assist and train the pups in the other pack. Lissy, who do you want to help come with us, seeing as they'd help you train?" I was a bit shocked that he asked for my opinion but I nodded and looked at everyone.

"Ermm, Mitch- you're strong and you're a really big wolf so that will be helpful for the guys in the other pack in case they come across a big rogue, Dave- you're smaller and your agility is your best advantage so that would be good in case they came across a small rogue..." I looked at everyone else thinking of what they were like in training and when I've seen them fight other rogues, "How many get to come with us Alpha?" I asked.

"Three more will do."

"Rose- you being a girl might throw them off so bringing you with us will show them not to let their guards down with a girl, plus you're as tough as nails." Everybody chuckled, "Ant- you see what everyone's doing, you can anticipate what move they're going to do next and maybe you can shed some light on how to do that and finally I think Harry because you're big, strong, fast and you're extremely hard to take down." I smiled at everyone and nodded once looking back at the Alpha. He looked please with my decision.