Chapter 17: Second Chances

-Fluttershy POV-

I walk downstairs. My thoughts are jumbled and I'm not sure how to feel about anything anymore. Those dreams are becoming worse. The most recent one Discord was chasing after me but I kept trying to get away. I kept saying, "Discord, let me go."

I sigh as I reach the living room. Discord isn't in the house. He's probably outside sitting in "our spot." It's where we always go to have a picnic and watch the sunset.

I look around and see how much has changed since Discord came to live with me. The lamp is on the wall and the table is standing on actual legs. Sitting down I think back to my dream. Should I leave? Or should I stay?

- Discord POV-

I'm siyting in a small meadow a little bit away from the cottage. It feels so weird being there, like there's some unknown presence telling me to leave.

Fluttershy has been distant lately and I have a pretty good idea why. Ever since she talked to Princess Luna she seems to be in some inner turmoil. It makes me sad to see that Fluttershy is having such a difficult time. I sigh and lay back on the grass. Staring up at the clouds I see a Rainbow Dash fly overhead. Then a loud boom followed by a rainbow that paints the sky.

It's so beautiful. It always has been, just like Fluttershy. I sit up, deciding that the best thing to do is to stop sulking and try to keep Fluttershy by my side.

I don't want to lose her. Fluttershy has been my gleam of hope in some of the worst times I've ever experienced. She's been the smiling face that makes me want to be good and not chaotic.

Oh but what fun it would be to cause a little bit of trouble now and again. I shake my head. These thoughts have been coming more often.

I get off the ground and teleport to the front door. Just as I'm about to open it I hear, "Thank you Rarity for helping me. I believe this will be good in helping me decide."

My heart siezes. Deciding what? I feel slight panic rise. No. No.. NO! I will NOT lose her. I pull the door open and I see Fluttershy sitting on the couch with Rarity.

"Oh hello," I say trying to be nonchalant, "I didn't know we had a guest."

"Yes, we do," Fluttershy says meekly looking at the floor. I try to smile but I can tell that it looks as broken as I feel.

"Fluttershy," I say with a nevous tone. It causes her to look up at me as I continue, "I'd like to take you out on a date tonight. Would that be alright?"

Fluttershy's face lights up a little bit as she nods. I smile. Maybe I can stop her from leaving.

-Fluttershy POV-

I'm getting ready for our date. Discord decided to splurge and is taking me to one of the fanciest resturants in Ponyville.

I'm wearing the same dress that I wore to the date I had years ago with Big Mac. It brings up old memories.

-Flashback-

I was buying some apples from Applejack when Big Mac sauntered by. I couldn't help but look at him. The way he was built and how his coat glistened after a day of hard work was somehow atrractive. I sighed and tried to let my feelings go. But the didn't leave.

-End Flashback-

I shake my head, trying to clear those thoughts. I walk down the stairs to meet Discord. When I see him it causes my breath to hitch. He really is stunning in a suit.

I reach him and he teleports us to Fancy Pants. Yes, Fancy Pants opened a restuarant franchise, and of course he named it after himself.

We walk in and the hostess shows us to our seat. I sit there and look at the floor until the waitor comes eith menus. I grab mine and bein to look at the options. Instantly one catches my eye. Kelp salad. Simple but delicious. I decide on that and wait for the waitor to come back.

"So Fluttershy," Discord says and I can tell he's straining to find the right words, "How have you been recently?"

His words are like a slap to my face. We haven't really talked in awhile. I instantly feel bad. Though, why should I feel bad? I can't help the way I'm feeling though it may be a bit absurd that I feel like my life would be easier without him.

"I've been..." I pause trying to ind the right word to fit the emotion I've been feeling, "Anxious."

Discord raises his eyebroe and asks, "What's been making you anxious my dear?"

I feel my heart explode. I thought that by now he'd know. I guess not. It begins to upset me that Discord couldn't tell what was wrong with me. He could always tell what exactly was wrong before...the thing..

"I've just had a lot on my mind," I reply huffily. I'm starting to get mad. No, furious that Discord can't see right through me like he could.

Discord looks taken back. I see a look of sadness and defeat cross his face.

"I'm sorry.." He says and gets up. I watch him walk to the bathroom. I get up and leave before the waitor even looks back at our table. Walking home, I'm certain about what I'm going to do.

-Discord POV-

I sit down on the cold tile of the bathroom floor. Tears begin to fall doen my face. How could it have come to this? I hardly ever cry and now I'm almost postitive that Fluttershy is going to leave me.

I stop the flow of tears and walk ouy of the bathroom. Only to find the table empty. My chest goes hollow. She left.