Chapter 20

August

"She done gave up ever'thing fa' me and she ain't have to."

"You da only one I'a want mama."

"I don't want nobody but you."

"Kissing on my tattoos."

"You been rockin' wit a pimp fa' fo' years na'. You done gave up everythang fa' me. I'a never met a female dat could be down fa' me like you been.

We was homeless ta'getha fa' a year inna half. You could've left me but you stayed wit' me. This ring symbolizes my love fa' you. I'a promise ta' continue ta' be da man you fell in luh wit'.

Just cause I'a got signed, dat shit won't change me. Ima make this money fa' us and ou'a princess."

I been sittin' inna garage fa' a few hours na'. I couldn't stop cryin'. Leah gone murk my ass of leave me. I rather get murked than her walkin' out my life wit' our baybeh fa' good.

Leah been blowin' up my phone all morning and I'a been rejectin' her calls. I been sittin' inna garage since like nine sumn this mornin'. I couldn't stop cryin'.

From what Stone tol' me, he walked in on me gettin' sucked up by some groupie, and he stopped shit befo' it got any further. Them girls admitted ta' it too. I done fucked up real bad and ion won'ta lose Leah and our kid. Once I tell her what happened she gone leave my fasho.

If I'ca be man enough ta' get sucked up by some broad, I'ca be man enough ta' tell her tha' truth. It's only right. I refuse ta' lie ta' her fa' tha' simple fact dat lying don't get you no whea'. We been to'getha fa' fo' years, why start lyin' ta' her now?

Leah's face appeared on my phone, she wanted ta' Facetime. I hit accept and held my phone up.

"August baby I've been so worried about you! Why are you crying baby did something happen to you where are you!?" Her eyes was red and puffy, that shit broke me.

"I..I'm aight mama. Ain't nun wrong baybeh. I just parked inna garage."

"I'm on my way there now." She hung up befo' I'ca even respond ta' her.

The garage do' swung wide open almost knockin' off tha' hinges. Leah flew down the steps, open tha' do' and hugged tha' hell outta me. I kissed her fo'head and hugged her back. She was cryin' like I left and came back.

"I'm right chea' baybeh, stop cryin'." She wiped her eyes and punched me inna chest.

"Why weren't you answering my phone calls August!? I called you at 8:15,8:16,8:19,8:20, and hours before that."

"Heavy handed ass." I ducked as she tried ta' hit me.

"Now is not the time to play games August. You reek of weed and alcohol what the hell did you do last night?" I hung my head low and got out tha' car, shuttin' tha' do' behind me.

"I fucked up last night, I-"

"What do you mean by that?" She wiped her eyes onto her sweater and looked at me.

"I got sucked up by a groupie last night." Next thing I kno' she took out'a gun and everything went black.

______

"Now is not the time to play games August. You reek of weed and alcohol what the hell did you do last night?"

I ran my hands over my chest, takin' my hoodie off. No blood, nun. Leah looked at me weirdly and shook her head.

"Why are you so jumpy?" She asked. I patted her down ta' make sho' she wasn't packin'.

"Don't you touch me. You reek of weed and alcohol." She pinched her nose.