Chapter 19

A'leah

"A-August." I moaned. The way his hands massaged my lower back had speaking in tongues.

"You like dat huh?" He rubbed more sweet almond oil onto his hands and worked his magic.

After our little intimate shoot, he decided to take me home for a homemade spa treatment. My nails, toes and eyebrows were on fleek. It felt good to be pampered and catered to for the time being. August wouldn't stop rambling about how he paid for everything.

Since he has money, he won't let me forget it. I guess he's just happy that he can finally provide for us like he's been wanting.

"Feed me bae." He popped a hershey kiss into my mouth and washed his hands.

"Whatchu do when you heard ya boy onna radio?" I blew a strand out of my hair as my lips formed to a pout.

"I called you bae." He sucked his teeth.

"Mhm, sho' you did." He ducked as I threw a hot towel at him.

"Okay so maybe I did cry a little." I took the last bite of key lime pie he made.

August made all these sweets under a few hundred calories. He's been keeping up with how much I need to eat and what I don't need to eat. The refrigerator wouldn't be full if he was watching my eating habits.

"Cry baby."

"Shutup." I carefully got off the massaging table and fixed myself up as I tied my robe up.

"So tonight there's a listenin' party and I want you ta' be thea'. My managment, agent and a few otha' people finna be thea' as well."

"You know I'll be there supporting my man." I smiled as I pecked his lips.

He untied my robe and helped me into the heart shape tub that had been recently installed. The scent of japanese cherry blossom lingered throughout the room. All this pampering was making me sleepy.

About ten minutes later, I stepped out the tub with a huge towel wrapped around me. Once I reached our bedroom, I quickly dried off and put my undergarments on. I lathered my body in the matching lotion as the bath wash. It was the only scent that didn't make me sick.

I decided on a jet black Givenchy sweater dress and gold Loui pumps. Simple but cute.

"Ay baybeh, you ready yet?" Aug came in the room smacking on some chips. I shook my head as I unwrapped my head scarf.

"No babe, I'm almost ready." He smacked his lips.

"Mane, hurry up. The party start at 8. It's 7:14 cp time."

"CP time?" He shook his head.

"Colored people time baybeh damn, you slow fareal." I pushed him out our room and laughed.

"Get out fool, we'll be on time." I shut the door in his face and got dressed.

Then I did my hair and makeup. Just some mascara, eyeliner and lipstain, nothing too heavy. My hair was curly and cute. I accessorized in some gold jewelry and loaded my clutch with a few necessities.

I turned off everything and headed downstairs before August threw a fit. Once he saw me his facia expression was unreadable.

"You don't like what I'm wearing? I can go ch-"

"Nah, it ain't nun wrong wit' ya outfit mama. Spin around fa' me real quick." I playfully rolled my eyes and spun around slowly, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"You lucky dis a professional event and we can't be late. I'a fu-" I put my index finger to his lips, silencing him. The things he says get wilder everyday I swear.