Chapter 17

A'leah

"Bae what are you doing?" I giggled. He held two diaper bags. One for a girl and the other for a boy.

"Don't laugh at me cause I'm prepared. You'ca go into labor at any moment and yo ass ain't ready." I shook my head at his foolishness. Once my hair and makeup was finished, I took my vitamins.

"I am prepared smart ass. Can we go now?" He nodded and helped me out the house.

Every since we left the hospital, he's been so protective of me. I think it's cute.

"Thea' ya go mama." He handed me my fruit salad and drove off down the street.

"Thank you. Are you excited for today?" He grinned.

"Hell yeah. I'ca see my princess fa' the first time." I shook my head.

"You are so determined to see her aren't you?"

"Of course baybeh. If ion't see her today, I'ca buss some mo' nuts in ya til she pop up." I busted out laughing.

"You are ridiculous." I bit into an apple slice and took a sip of my water.

"This dick is ridiculous, lemme buss it from da back real quick." He rubbed my thigh and continued to drive.

"Boy bye."

"Girl bye."

"Get high."

"Inna sky." We laughed as he parked the car. He killed the engine as I got out throwing my trash away.

I grabbed a baby bag as we intertwined our hands together, walking inside the doctor's office. He took a seat while I made my way to the front desk, signing myself in. I wobbled my way back to August and slowly sat down.

"That was alot of work." I huffed.

"Bae you just wobbled yo ass ta' the front desk and back." I playfully smacked his chest and pouted.

"That was still alot of work asshole. Where's Cha and them?" He sat the bags down and held my hand.

"They finna meet us at Applebees. Ma dukes wanted this ta' be a private moment fa' us." I smiled.

"That was considerate of them. But I just realized I won't be able to be in Usher's video or work at all."

"You'a be a'ight mama. I'll pull some strings fa' ya real soon. Just be patient."

I nodded and picked up an old Ebony Magazine issue. Nia Long was on the cover baring her pregnant belly. Since I can't work now that I'm on bedrest, maybe I could model a maternity line or something.

Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean my hustle doesn't stop. I need to call JoJo later on to see if she can hook me up. It seems like I just found out I was pregnant yesterday, and it's already been thirteen weeks and counting.

Sometimes I wish my parents were in my life. They've missed out on so much in my life and I didn't expect my pregnancy to be one of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of August. He's been by my side every step of the way.

It's just being pregnant is such a beautiful thing and it's nothing like having your parents witness it every step of the way.

"Baybeh, you a'ight. I'a called you like ten times." He waved his hand in my face and chuckled.

"Yeah.. I'm good. What did you say?"

"The docta' called us back." He helped me up to my feet and guided me down the hall. I wobbled behind him breathing in and out, taking small breathes. Walking short distances make me tired.