🌺~20~🌺 DEVIANT

November 1oth
11:02 P.M.

{Y/n P.O.V.}

I hang around the back of the circle, away from the soldiers. I could see the back alley ways and buildings despite it being dark. I'm worried about Connor. A number of things could happen while he's at that tower. He promised to come back, but he can't make that promise. I shiver in the nights cold. Being the only human here, I should be by one of the fires, but I didn't want to scare and androids away from it. I could go through a little discomfort for them, after everything.

"They aren't opening fire for now. I doubt that it will last long though." It's Markus. I turn around to face him properly. "We can do this. We need to hold on just a little while longer." I reassure. I hear a crunch in the snow approaching us. I turn back to the barrier to see Connor. I scrunch up my face in confusion.

"Connor, what are doing here?" I ask frantically. Despite confusion, I rush forward, and kiss his cheek. He doesn't react to it, which confuses me more. "I realized that I need your help. We could act like you need to make a live report. It might raise suspicion if I show up randomly during the protest." He explains. I nod slowly. Something about this feels off. Not only did he not respond to my kiss, but his voice seems colder.

His eyes are harder. It's just off. Markus, being by me, whispers to me. "I don't like this." He admits. "Me neither, but if there is something wrong, Connor will need my help. Don't worry, I can take care of myself." I reassure. He nods solemnly, watching me crawl over the barrier.

"Good luck, Markus. Let's go Connor." Connor puts his hand on my shoulder, leading me away from the group. I feel my gun in its holster from outside my coat, preparing to have to draw it.

"Are you alright, Detective?" That's when I knew for sure. Detective. That was not deviant Connor, my Connor uses my name. I love the way my name sounds on his lips. Detective feels wrong now. I draw my gun slowly. "You're not Connor, are you?" He looks at me without expression. "Of course I am. Why would I be here is I wasn't?" I point the gun at him, making us both stop in the snowy street, dim lampposts being our only source of light.

"I don't know. Leverage, threats, you tell me." I growl. "Fine. You're correct, Detective," he concedes. "I am not the Connor you know. I stuck to my instructions like that model should have done." I turn the safety off my gun.

"Don't talk about him like that. Where is he? Have you done anything to him?" Part of me knows I should just shoot, but I have to make sure he doesn't have my Connor. "Don't worry, I'll take you to it." The fake Connor rushes me. Before I get a chance to shoot, he's disarmed me by twisting my hand at an awkward angle. He grab the weapon, using the butt end to hit me over the end. As my head roughly hits the pavement, my world goes dark.

[Connor P.O.V.]

"Connor Model #313 248 317. I'm expected."

"Identification successful."

"Okay. Go ahead."

I make me way into the building, a small bubble of anxiety increasing within me. Two guards approach me. "Follow me. We'll escort you." Shit. "Thanks, but I know where to go." I try to dissuade them, but they don't drop it. "Maybe, but I have my orders." I have no choice but to follow. "Agent 23 identified. Connor android identified. Agent 47 identified. Agent 72 identified. Scan complete. Access authorized." The elevator speaks, allowing us on board. "Agent 54. Level 31."