🌺~19~🌺

November 10th
4:17 PM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

It's been a whole day. I have no clue what happened to Connor. All I want to do is talk to my father. So I am. "Hey Dad...I don't know what to do. Everything is getting out of hand and it seems like we're getting nowhere. The android protests have been peaceful...I know Markus is making the right choices...and yet nothing is getting fixed. I can't help him, I can't help Hank, and I can't help myself. I wish you could give me some kind of advice. I don't know what I'm doing. I wish you were here to tell me..." My voice cracks. "To tell me if I'm a fool or not. I can't even think of talking to Leo. I have feelings for a loveless android who I tried to give up for this cause. What do I do?" I wail like a helpless child. "I didn't think metal was your type." A teasing voice says from behind me. I turn to see the last person I expected.

Markus.

"Oh my god..." I hug him. "I've been so worried." His offers tight smile. "It's been hard." He admits. He looks over at Dads grave. "I guess you want to talk to him." I back up. He nods appreciatively, and walks closer to the headstone. "I miss you, Carl. You can't know how much I miss you. I'd give anything for us to be able to roll back the clock. I had a home, I had a loving father, a caring sister. We were happy... I was happy... and I didn't even know it... I just wanted my people to be free...But instead, all I did was lead them to disaster. I'm trying to find answers, but everything around me keeps falling apart. I don't wanna shed blood, whatever the color... But I can't let them slaughter us. I have to make a decison that is gonna affect millions of lives... But I don't know what to do. What should I do, Carl? Tell me, what should I do?" Mournfully, I put my hand on Markus' shoulder.

"Maybe he isn't here to tell you, but maybe I can help. Being alive is making choices between love and hate, between holding out your hand or closing it as a fist. I don't have any easy answers, Markus. You have to accept the world as it is or fight to change it. When the world falls into darkness, some men have the courage to lead it out. You're one of those men. Face the abyss, but don't let it consume you." I tell him, trying to sound as much like our father as I can. "I know you. You're going to fight to change it. You already are. I trusted you to make the right choices, and you have. You've avoided bloodshed, you've saved my friend...I'm proud of you, Markus." He turns to me. "Thank you, (Y/n)." I smile a little easier now. "So, an android?" He question. I turn bright red.

"Yeah..." I laugh humorlessly. "I really am an idiot aren't I?" I shake my head sadly. "I wanted to believe that he could be human too, but all he cares about is his damn mission. He just wants to remain a machine. I thought he was changing, but he either got sent back to CyberLife or took off. I don't know where he is. Goddamn deviant hunter." I rant. Markus looks at me in surprise.

>IF CONNOR IS DEVIANT<

"(Y/n)...that's not true. I met him. He showed up at Jericho to stop us, but broke free from his instructions. He's one of us. I talked about you. Maybe you're the reason for it." I look at him in surprise and hope. "Really? Do you know where he is?" Markus nods. "We were attacked. We're in hiding. Come with me. You could help us." I smile. "Sounds like a good day then."

>IF CONNOR IS A MACHINE<

"The deviant hunter? I'm so sorry, (Y/n). I tried...He...I..." I cut him off. "I know. I figured. But hey, I'm still going to be here for you. I'm going to help." I promise. "I shot him." He admits. It feels like my heart is being shattered. "You did what you had to. If you didn't stop him, I was going to have to. Maybe it's better you did..." My voice was cracking a bit, so I stopped talking. "You could come back with me. It might help to have you there." Markus says after a moment. I smile with strain. "Then let's go."