27. #Dinjo ?

Binye blinked as she turned down the heat on the pot of peppersoup she cooked for Diane. Her best friend had suddenly come down with painful menstrual cramps effectively rendering their outing for the day cancelled.

"Dude, we have to go to Binye's house." Binjo said worriedly into the phone as soon as Jaejin's answered the call, barely giving the boy space to utter a 'Hello' into it.

"Binye's house? Why? We're supposed to meet up at Palms to see a movie, aren't we?" Jaejin asked groggily, his voice deeper as he had been roused from sleep by his friend's call. He looked to the digital clock that sat on the bed side table in Monnjae's guest room where he had been sleeping and almost let out a few expletives at Binjo.

It was only 6:30am, and he couldn't believe he had been woken up so early while on summer break.

"Diane is sick! We have to go and see her!" Binjo yelled into the phone, his usually controlled voice and emotions all over the place.

Jaejin raised a brow before pulling the phone away from his ear and looking at it weirdly.

"How do you know that? Bee hasn't told me anything about that, and besides it's only 6:30am guy. How did you get to know this?" Jaejin yawned as he got off the bed.

All elements of sleep had begun to leave his body slowly as he stretched, the phone was on the bed now and speaker enabled as he listened to Binjo ramble and even run over a few words as he spoke.

He was starting to get very suspicious and confused at this. He had never heard Binjo sound so concerned.

Jaejin was used to his roommate turned friend being very level headed and collected. It wasn't as though Binjo was screaming his head off over the phone, but he just seemed so concerned about Diane's illness, almost anxious even.

"Eh eh, well, we were texting through the night because she couldn't sleep, and um, she told me that she was in pain, and erm, she texted me like an hour ago about how she could barely sleep and felt really sick — wait, why am I even explaining all this to you?! I'm leaving my house in an hour and coming to your brother's, we'll go from there. B-bye!" Binjo rambled before ending the call once he was done speaking leaving Jaejin confused and smiling in suspicion as he walked to the bathroom to wash his face.

"This guy is so obvious." He thought to himself with a chuckle. He was surely going to tease the hell out of Binjo till the latter verbally admitted that he did have a thing for Diane.

It was so obvious to those around them, even Binye that was often oblivious to things like that had mentioned it jokingly. She may not have observed it properly, but she had noticed it enough to joke about it.

Binjo used to speak comfortably with Diane and acted like she was just another female friend, but after the day at the canopy walk when Jaejin and Binye had made up, Jaejin had noticed Binjo scratching the back of his head shyly as Diane unknowingly flirted with him.

To Jaejin, it was outright flirting, but Binye had insisted that Diane just spoke to guys that way.

"She's never spoken to me like that." He had countered.

"Well, she didn't like you to start with, and you're my boyfriend. She obviously won't speak to you that way." Bings explained and Jaejin had somewhat agreed.

But this sudden closeness and midnight calls? How could he have missed it?! The signs were everywhere.

"Oh wow." Jaejin let out in realization, his toothbrush hanging in his mouth along with suds of toothpaste.