"Mr. Mikaelson."

A woman, in her mid-thirties, stood in front of them with a warm smile on her lips.

Elijah gave the woman an elegant nod and said, "Mrs. Denvers."

Mrs. Denver smiled even more, "I haven't seen you for a while. I was beginning to think that you found someone else to make your special tea," She joked.

Aliza noticed the tension faded on his face and he said, "Believe me, Mrs. Denver, your tea shall always remain my favorite. This is Aliza." He gestured towards her.

The woman glanced at her in surprise that made Aliza a little confused.

Aliza stretched her hand out and said, "Nice to meet you."

Mrs. Denver regarded her for a few seconds before shaking hands with Aliza. It was strange for Elijah to bring someone, it was the first time. He was a frequent customer of Denver's cafe but never brought anyone with him. Mrs. Denver certainly wasn't expecting Elijah Mikaelson to bring a child here.

"Well aren't you a sweet girl. It's nice to meet you too, honey."

"Let's go in," Elijah said and walked further inside the cafe, Aliza followed behind.

They sat at the end of the cafe, a table that was situated behind a wall and next to a huge window at the corner. Aliza observed how the table was shielded from the rest of the room, probably a personal space.

"It's a touchy topic, isn't it?"

Elijah furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm sorry?"

She gestured around the place and said, "Special tea. Your own table. This cafe is your safe space. I'm probably the first person you brought here judging by the look that woman was giving me. You wanna feel comfortable, then again why would you feel nervous in the first place? So my odds are Finn is a deceased family member?"

Elijah couldn't help, a small smile formed its way on his lips.

"You never fail to amaze me, Aliza."

"My specialty."

They waited patiently as Mrs. Denver came with a tray in her hands. She smiled at them and placed the tray in front of Elijah.

"And what can I get for you?" She asked politely, the question directed at Aliza.

Aliza said, "A cappuccino, please. With extra cream and sugar." The woman nodded and walked away.

"You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with sugar," Elijah said as he poured the steaming tea in his cup from the small kettle.

"My taste is either sweet or spicy, there is no in-between." She shrugged.

Aliza leaned forward and placed her hands on the table, gently tapping her fingers as she waited for him to continue. She didn't wish to make Elijah feel uneasy, if he was going to tell her about Finn she was more than okay to wait till he was comfortable enough.

Elijah tentatively brought the cup near his lips, taking a sip of his tea. He was thinking about how to properly tell Aliza about Finn without exposing much of the truth. Aliza was smart, by focusing on just the bits and pieces she could figure out facts without needing any assistance. He knew he had to be careful about what to tell her and what not to tell her.

"Finn was the second eldest of us siblings." He stated cautiously.

Aliza nodded as he finished. Feeling a little proud that she was able to figure out that he was a family member.

"He died eleven years ago."

"What was he like?" She asked.

Elijah's heart ached. His throat went dry.