18•

Pierre's POV
12:34 p.m
sep 2020
____
a week later..
📍The Hospital

"Miss lady doctor woman when y'all gone let me outta jail?"

"Mr. Grainger i've already told you sometime this week if you start taking your meds" She smirked at me

"Don't be flirting with me"

"Why not? you don't have a girlfriend do you?" I opened my eyes wide and looked around the room

"Actually I do and she like to hurt people so keep them smirks and winks to ya self miss lady" I grabbed my hospital cup sipping on my water putting my attention on the tv.

"Well excuse me." She put her hands up in surrender

"Mmhm." I heard her giggle before she walked out the room.

Weird ass bitch.

"Meeska mooska Mikey Mouse" Yes I watch Mikey Mouse bitch.

_______
Kali's POV

"Here" I passed Lani two fries from her happy meal.

I grabbed my phone out of the cup holder as it continued to ring.

It was Keanna, my sister. "Hello?"

"Hey.. I was kinda wondering if I could see Malani" I moved the phone away from my ear looking at it from a few seconds shocked.

She sounded a bit... Clean.

"Ke, I trust you with Her because obviously she's your daughter and I can hear by your voice you sound slightly clean but I don't trust you enough to leave her with you"

"Kali please I need to see my baby, please Kali" I could hear through the phone she was starting to cry. It hurts me that I have to keep her from her son but I can't risk Lani being put in harms way because of her.

I sighed before I spoke again "How about we meet up somewhere"

"I don't know if I can um.. do that" I frowned my face "Ke what's wrong? Don't lie either"

"That's why I need to see my daughter Kali."

Somethings not right. "I'll be at your house in about ten minutes" She said ok before ending the call.

________

I knocked on Keanna's door a few times waiting for her to answer while I held Malani's hand. She have started walking this past week.

"Get in here" She open the door pulling us in and shutting it back quickly "Mama!" Lani ran to her legs hugging them

"Hi baby! Mommy missed you" She kissed all over her faces as she giggled. I stood there in aw of their moment but still trying to figure out what's going on.

"You can walk now? Oh my goshhh"

"Hey sis" I gave her a side hug "Now can you explain to me what's going on." She sighed before she put Malani down motioning her hand for me to follow her.

She ended up leading me to her room which looked much cleaner than the last time I had seen it.

"Girl come sit down" She smiled patting the spot on her bed next to her. I don't know who has been in this bed nor what she's been doing on this damn bed so I was hesitant but I sat down anyway, just on the edge though.

"First, I want to start off by saying im sorry for keeping Malani away from you all that time you deserved to be in her life just as much as me. Especially since I know you have a thing for kids"