12.

She carried herself with confidence when she walked in through the doors. Her whole persona screamed sexy and intelligence. She kept a straight face all the while talking with somebody on the phone.

"Uh-huh?"
"Finish the Millers. But leave the little boy out. I have use for him later."
"I'm at Theo's, Jer. I'll talk to you later." "Yeah......bye."

"Lily!"

"There you are Winter." The strict and stoic look on her face dissipated and was replaced with a cute, bubbly and lively one. It was the complete opposite to when Lily was serious and business-like.

Lily's way of talking would change when she was only with Winter. She would talk in a pitch higher than her normal voice.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, Lily."

They embraced each other merrily. Winter was fond of Lily because she was sensible, smart, kind, carefree and the "no nonsense" type of girl which made her look very cool. She loved how Lily spoke without being afraid to voice out her opinions, an independent woman she was who didn't need any man to take care of her unlike her who was very timid.

Winter always felt intimidated by her presence but despite that, she enjoyed spending time with her.

She noticed how Lily did not like to talk much but when it came to her, she would always try to indulge in conversations with her. She sometimes wondered if it was only because of Theo that Lily try to be friends with her.
But Lily genuinely liked her. She had always wanted a sister to protect and care for and Winter was the ideal sister she had always wanted; honest and innocent.

"Alright since you are here, I'm afraid I have to leave. The boys are already waiting for me." Theo cut in.
"I'll try to be back early. You girls have fun."
He turned to kiss Winter on her temple and acknowledged Lily with a nod.

Lily nodded back knowing what she had to do.

"Alright then, we have lots to catch up on Winter......."

"Yeah, we do. Lets go up to the room first."
They linked their arms and went up.

"So.....any juicy updates about you and Theo that you wanna spill?"

"Like?"

"Hmmmm....." Lily pretended to think tapping her chin with her forefinger.

"Like.......your hot make out session with Theo a little while ago?"

Lily chuckled seeing how Winter's face became red and all shy.

"What? Its written all over your lips. Look at how swollen it is. I'm surprised Theo was able to control himself."

Winter could only put her head down embarrassed.

Lily sighed heavily.
"I wish I could find my first love like yours too Winter. Where is he?"
"I'm tired of waiting."

Seeing Winter go pale at her words, Lily knew she had hit the jackpot. She had to seize the opportunity right now when the time was perfect.

She probed her further with more questions to see if she would get any answers.

"Theo is your first love, right Winter?"

"I......"
"Lily...I"

"Yeah?"
"Its okay Winter. You can tell me." Lily assured Winter taking her hands into hers.

"There's someone else actually."

"Theo.........is not the first man in my life, Lily."
Winter paused struggling to find the next words to say.

"And?"
"Tell me slowly. Don't force yourself. I'm right here..."

"Lily, before I met Theo, I was an orphan......"
Winter explained everything to Lily about how she grew up in an orphanage called 'Hope' and how she ended up with the Abbadon's and fell in love with the sole heir of the Royal family.
She let her know every little detail about her life except that she deliberately left out the most important part why she had left Simon and ended up here with Theo.

"And....I left...because I had my reasons."
"The rest.....you know what happened and how Theo found me."

There.
I've said it now.
My secret is out.Winter held in her breath waiting for Lily's response.

*Picture of Lily above*
If you liked this chapter, please do vote for it!🙏🏻