Chapter 2 - Welcome! You Weren't Invited (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

You can try imagining it. It'll still be way worse than whatever you can come up with. Trust me.

As I looked myself up and down in the mirror, I pretended to flex my muscles, making weird poses until I was cheered up.

Then I grabbed my broken brush pieces and exited the bathroom.

Turning corridor after corridor after corridor, I finally arrived at a certain door.

I knocked on it twice, then waited patiently.

A few moments later, a very drowsy-looking June opened the door. She stared at me tiredly, then looked down to see my dead brush.

She sighed in exasperation and face-palmed.

"Again, (Y/N)?"

". . . Yeah."

꧁꧂

"(Y/N), I still don't understand how you manage to break these things," said June as she handed me my newly-fixed brush back. Nothing a little duct tape can't fix, right?

"Hey, it's not me that's the problem," I protested as I pointed at my hair. "It's that."

"Isn't this, like, the third brush you've snapped in the past six weeks?"

"I told you, it's not me, it's my hair. By now, I'm starting to think that it's gained sentience—"

I was interrupted by a loud yell.

". . . Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah," replied June, furrowing her eyebrows. "Was it a human?"

"I don't know," I said, walking over to the window. "I thought this town was deserted. There isn't a single human in sight."

"Then, if it's not a human, what is it?"

The question hung in the air as June and I tried to figure out an answer.

Then we heard the moaning.

Uh oh.

The zombies.

June and I shared a look. As if we shared the same mind, we both jumped up. June grabbed her spear while I grabbed my own weapon.

We rushed out the the door. June ran down the steps using her super Sonic speed. I, on the other hand, jumped onto the railing and slid down like a pro.

And by "like a pro", I mean that I crashed into a locker and nearly broke my nose.

June hurriedly helped my bruised body up as the yells and groans increased. We continued on.

We burst through some sets of doors, stopping at a particular one. June slowly inched closer to the barricaded entrance and motioned for me to copy her. I went up to the door and pressed my ear against it.

"I'm so sorry, guys," I heard someone say. "I dragged us into this, and now we're totally doomed!"

Huh. Why does that voice sound so familiar?

I heard some rumbling and moaning that was getting louder by the second.

No! Those idiots outside the door must have released the zombie ball from the teachers' lounge!