3. Lightheaded

It was a snowy day so I decided to go out in the courtyard. I'd always loved snow ever since I was little. My mum and I would go ice skating every change we got. If it was snowing then we were outside.

I was fascinated with the sight of snow as I walked down the halls. It was so beautiful. I spotted a bench towards the left side of the courtyard. I walked over to it as I rubbed my hands together in attempt to warm myself up a bit.

I brought my book with me and a hot chocolate. I was wearing a black beanie, a black coat that went to a little above my knees, a grey sweater, black pleaded skirt with grey thigh high socks and black dress shoes.

I sat down on the bench and crossed my right leg over my left. I heard snickering around me of friends chatting with one another. Luna Lovegood skipped over to me. She sat down next to me with a big smile. She could always make someone's day better.

"Hello Dana!" She grinned. "Hi Luna!" I smiled back. "Beautiful day, isn't it? I like the snow quite a lot." She cheered. I smiled and nodded in agreement.

Luna was so pretty and sweet. Yes, she could be a bit odd but no one should hold that against her. She just wanted to make everyone happy.

"I'm going ice skating a bit out of Hogwarts today. You're totally invited if it's of your best interest." She said. "Uh yeah sure I'll be there." I grinned. Ice skating with Luna sounded fun. Maybe we could hang out some.

I got back to reading my book after she skipped off. I opened it and the scent of parchment hit my nostrils.  I loved that smell. It reminded me of home. I looked up from my book for a second to see Professor Riddle. He was walking down the halls surrounding the courtyard. He looked to his left and we made eye contact. My stomach dropped.

I quickly looked back down at my book trying to get my attention back on that and my mind off of Professor Riddle. My stomach dropped every time I saw him. I try to avoid all attention when walking into his classroom.

I checked the big clock on the wall. It was time for potions. I gulped knowing where I had to go. I slowly gathered my things and began my way to his classroom. My stomach started turning. As I reached the door, I took a deep breath and grabbed the handle.

I walked in and I was the first one there. So I hurried to my seat and put my bag under my desk. I reached down and grabbed my book out of my bag and threw it down on my desk to avoid any tension.

I could feel him staring at me but I refused to look up. "What book would that happen to be Ms. Deveaux?" He asked, not breaking eye contact. "Umm T-The Great Gatsby." I stuttered. "Ah quite a classic you got there." He observed. I nodded my head in agreement. "Yes. It has to be one of my favorites." He insisted.

I flashed a smile at him and looked back down at my book once again. Thankfully, Cho had walked in.

"Good afternoon, Ms.Chang." He said looking down at his desk. "Afternoon Professor." She said sweetly. My foot began to tap on the floor as more and more students walked in. The more students that came in, the more my anxiety calmed down. I couldn't bare being in here alone. Not alone. With him.

Soon enough, everyone was here and seated. "Okay, today we'll be working on an aging potion." Professor announced. Just him talking even made me nervous. "The more you drink, the more you age." He added.

I suddenly felt like I could throw up. I slapped my right hand over my mouth. Professor Riddle quickly turned his head over to me and stopped talking. He walked over to me and stopped right in front of my desk. He curled his right pointer finger and placed it underneath my chin. I quickly grabbed my things and ran out of the room.

My mind and heart were both racing. I ran to the nearest bathroom I could find, trying not to vomit before I got there. Once I finally found one, I ran in and dropped my stuff outside the stall. Thankfully I made it in the bathroom before throwing up. I sat up against the stall wall for a minute with my knees up and my head in my hands. I felt overheated. I needed some water.

I made my way to the great hall to get some water. I felt so lightheaded. I kept getting dizzier and dizzier until boom. I was on the floor unconscious.

Next thing I knew, I was in the hospital wing with Madam Pomfrey. I asked her what had happened.

"Well Ms. Deveaux, it seems that you had fainted on your way to the great hall. If it weren't for Professor Riddle then you'd probably be in a lot worse condition than you are now." She smiled. I felt a wave of heat rush through my body. I guess she could see it.

"Oh here dear, drink some more water." She insisted handing me a glass of ice water. I drank it and a lot of it. It cooled me down.

Oh my god, Luna. I was supposed to go ice skating with her today. I hope she understands. I feel bad, I really wanted to go. I'd make it up to her another time. I just felt so bad right now.

"Maybe you need some more rest dear." Madam Pomfrey suggested. I drifted off to sleep and it was well needed. Madam Pomfrey said I may need to stay a few days so they could figure out what was wrong.

Mr.Riddleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें