Muffled laughs and Stolen Kisses

Valentine's POV

"All students are to report to the great hall, there you will be given a cot to rest for the night. The school is to be put on immediate lockdown"

What's the cause of this lockdown?
"Fluffy come on get into my cloak" she slithered in my cloak pocket and we headed to the Great Hall.
All the usual table that were there was now removed and in its place were a lot of cots. Slytheri was right next to Griffyndor. I rolled my eyes.

I looked around for a cot but the only ones available were the ones literally placed right next to Griffyndor. I shrugged, oh well I'm going to sleep immediately either ways.

I dropped my bag and gently sat in fear of smushing Fluffy. She slithered out of my pocket whispering she'll talk to me later, she wanna figure out what this is all about.
I smiled, my sneaky little snake.
I crossed my legs and sat leaning against the wall, thinking. Was my aunt being truthful to me about my parents? I have never doubted her before so why am I starting now...

"Students students, it is quite late so you all get some sleep. And do not worry Hogwarts is one of the safest place to be" McGonagall said.
But they haven't even told us what they did this lock down for.

I felt someone sit next to me and looked up, Draco. I grinned.
"You plan to sleep here tonight?" I asked. He shrugged. "Aw so close to Griffyndor" I teasingly said.
He pushed me, shaking his head.
"Truth be told, I'm freezing, so give me your warmth" he rudely stated before diving right at me.
I giggled wrapping my arm around him.

"He was looking at you, you know" he mumbled through my blanket clad body.
"Who was?"
"That Weasley kid"
"Oh"
"What happened between you two?"
I shrugged. "We had a fight...he said all slytherins are evil obviously referring to me"
"Do you want me to beat him up?"
I laughed but shook my head. No doubt he would a least try to.

A few seconds the lights went out, we were probably supposed to sleep now.
I leaned against the wall, with Draco draped over me. I ran my hands through his soft platinum hair, listening to his soft breathes.
The Professors had bewitched the ceiling to look like a sky full of stars.

"It's so beautiful Draco"
He grumbled something close to a yeah. I smiled pulling him closer. I feel like he's the only person I can trust. "You're my best friend in the world Draco, you're the only person I trust right now, I love you"
"I love you too"
He grumbled out again. I started humming a lullaby my aunt used to sing to me when I was a child, he always loved when I did.

A few seconds later, his entire body completely relaxed, evening his breathe, he was asleep.

I couldn't help but wish it was a certain redhead with me right now.
I missed him so much. It physically hurt my entire being.
My eyes welled up, just thinking about him, I rested my head against the wall. Deep breath in, deep breath out.

I shifted Draco so he flopped in between my legs. Not the first time we've cuddled and I know when he's asleep, there's no way you could wake him up until he's ready. I covered both of us with another set of blankets. It was so cold.

My eyes wandered to the neighbouring houses, Ravenclaw was clearly asleep much like my own house, you could hear the whispers from Hufflepuff and Griffyndors were sitting upright talking to each other. I rolled my eyes, the professors would never tell a Griffyndor anything.

I continued humming, softly stroking Draco's hair, when Lee the twins and Angelina passed us.
George- I'm assuming it was really dark- stared at us longer than necessary and walked away, I couldn't tell what his expression was, but I wouldn't think he'd be happy. He just saw his girlfriend cuddling someone else.
I mean did we break up? I did say we shouldn't see each other. But did we actually break up. I sighed keeping my hands busy with Draco's hair, I stared at his face nestled under my arm.
I couldn't resist pulling his cheeks, he looked adorably younger when he's asleep.

After a while I realized I'm not gonna get any sleep for tonight, I wanted to take a night walk, not a brilliant idea when the entire Hogwarts is on literal lockdown, but my mind was restless.

I gently maneuvered Draco to his side putting my pillow in his arms in place of me. I got up as silently as possible and walked to the courtyard. I sat on one of the benches and took a deep breathe of fresh air.

"Boo" I jumped like ten feet in the air.
"Merlin's beard Fred you nearly gave me a heart attack" I said holding my heart still trying to catch my breathe.
I looked behind him and saw Angelina, Fred and Lee.
I clenched my jaw when I saw her.

"What do you want?"
I rolled my eyes.
"To keep you company of course" Fred grinned.
"Thanks but no thanks"
He pouted.

"Uhm guys can we head back to the Great Hall now, it's scary out here" Just then a wolf howled. It didn't phase me but I was fuming with anger seeing her grab his hand....and him not pulling away.
"Yea let's go" Fred said pulling Angelina and Lee by the hand. I stifled a laugh seeing the look on Angelina's face, it was clear that Fred meant George and I should be left alone.

She huffed but walked away. He sat on the bench with me, not saying a word. It was a few minutes before I got impatient. "Well are you going to say anything?"
"I didn't mean what I said about all slytherins being evil"
"Sure you didn't" I said back sarcastically.

"Oh like you're such a saint, soon as we have a fight you go running off to cuddle with Malfoy"
"Atleast I don't hold hands with my exes now do i" I retaliated.
A few moments of silence was left between us to calm the tension.
I sighed but began.
"Look I won't apologize for hurting your brother, he insulted my family and sent me to the hospital wing so yes George I fought back, I defended myself and I'll never apologize for that"

"And I don't expect you to, I-i didn't know the full story about what happened between you and Percy. I just heard you attacked him without reason" he said bowing his head.
"He told me to stay away from you" I whispered.

He gently took hold of my head, heat spreading through mine instantly, I missed this feeling."No one can come between us, I promise" he looked me in the eye.

"And about Angelina you have nothing to worry about, she's one of my quidditch friends and that's all she is- a friend" I stared at him, my eyes meeting his twinkling eyes.
"I felt like I lost everyone" I mumbled looking down. He slided down towards me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"What do you mean?" He asked gently but confused. "I mean we had a fight I thought I lost you, my aunt I-i don't think she's telling me-e the truth about my parents, Draco's the only person I thought I had" I sniffled choking back the sobs.
"No baby, you always have me"

"Yea I do" I rested my forehead against his.
"You were jealous?" I asked lightheartedly.
"Yes, yes I was, you have no idea how much I lo-like you Valentine Hargreeves. To see someone else's arms around you killed me. Fred had to pull me away" he seriously said.

"I'm sorry, Draco's my best friend and we've always been close" I said defeatedly.
" I understand that, but please I can't stand to see you in someone else's arms."

"Ok" I whispered out and nodded.

"Now let's get you to bed" he suddenly said, hurriedly picking me up bridal style. I covered my mouth from laughing, I didn't want to wake the whole castle. He chuckled and tried to quietly race down the hall with me in his arms.

That's how the night ended, muffled laughs and stolen kisses.

______________________________________
A/N: how are you guys liking the story so far? Leave a vote <3