foolish

Alone in the bathroom I attempt to stop myself from crying but it was hopeless. It just made it worse. I continue to cry to myself. I can't lie to myself and say everything is okay because its not. I felt debilitated and upset. Above all, I felt humiliated.

A boy I knew to love me, had done this to me. The boy that I simply would do anything for.

Time passes, before I know it, it would be dinner time. I decide not to go, I couldn't bring myself to eat right now, I was too upset but mostly I didn't want the exposure of my neck to be shown and have to chance talking with the teachers and my parents getting involved.

I wipe my tears away from my face and leave the bathroom to sneak back to the Slytherin house. I tried to go as fast as I could. I didn't want to risk getting caught by anyone and have them question me or see me in the state i'm currently in.

I made my way in the common room, into the cold cemented room, to see Pansy and Blaise sitting together on the sofa, looking at my presence.

"Look who it is" Pansy hissed.

Blaise squints his eyes at me, "Are you alright? Your eyes look awfully red." He asks, obviously noticing I was crying.

"I'm fine" I say and I begin to drag my weakened body up the staircase.

I walk down the hallway quietly and I stop at the end. I look to the right where the girls dormitories are and then to the left where Draco's room was.

I continue to walk again, turn the corner to the right, and walk into my room. I threw my shoes off by the door and jump into my bed. I took off my robe as I began to cry into my pillow until I eventually cried myself to sleep.

--

I woke up, it was still dark out, and the moonlight reflected inside. I turned to my night table to look at the time which had says 2:31 am. I lay back down on my back and look up at the ceiling while running my fingers though my hair.

"Draco Malfoy" I say to myself quietly.

"Im sorry." I thought I heard a voice say. I sit up quickly and look around but don't see anything in the darkness.

"Did someone say something?" I ask softly.

A couple of minutes went by, I waited but there was no response. I climbed out of bed and put my slippers on and shuffled to common room to clear my mind.

As I quietly, yet swiftly, made my way down the hallway on the staircase, I look around the corner at Draco's door.

I make my way to the room and sit down on the cold leather sofa to calm myself down.

Everything was okay until I saw him approaching me.

Fear started to surge through my body.

There he was, only a few feet away from me, Draco Malfoy stood sleepily in his night clothes. His hair was scruffy and his eyes were bloodshot.

He walked over to me slowly and takes a seat next to me.

He gently places a hand on top of my hand that was placed on the leather.

My body tensed up as he touched me and I became short of breathe. I didn't meet his eyes, I only stared at the dimly lit fire in front of us.

He noticed me unwillingly paying attention to something else besides himself and removed his hand from mine.

"Tes, can we talk?" he says in his sleepy voice.

I had almost forgotten his sleepy voice, even though its been 11 hours since I last spoke to him. Although it was little time, it felt like a lifetime of agony.

I slowly turn my head to him to meet his face, making my bruising on my neck noticeable to him.

I watched his expression as he noticed what he had done to me. His eyes grew bigger, and full of sorrow.

I look away from his gaze.

"You know I would never intend to hurt you." he says as I turn my attention back to him causing our eyes to meet.

"Thats all?" I begin to say.

"You choked me, punched Harry, and all you have to say is you never intended to hurt me?" I say as my voice break on the last couple of words.

"Tessa" Draco says reaching for my hand once again. I pull my hand close to myself so he couldn't touch it. I don't even want him to be sitting this close to me right now.

"No Draco, No. You don't deserve me" I rise from my seat.

"Are you serious?Just let me speak!" He tries to argue.

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say! What happened to you Draco? You were fine two days ago, and now I feel like I barely know you!" I shout back and begin to question his mood swings.

He rises to his feet as well, "My mark!"

I take a step away as he continues to speak.

"When im with you, you take the pain away, when I saw Potter defending you, like you were his, I- I just lost it." He says.

"You lost it? No Malfoy, you completely became mad! You had no right to hurt Harry just because he was being a good friend to me!" I scream at him.

He begins to step forward while clenching his jaw tightly, "So now he's your friend? That half-blood! you're going against your parents rules, and who we are!"

Looking at him baffled I say, "that isn't you concern now is it Malfoy?"

I watch as an angry look grown on his face, pure hatred, "You're just as mad as I thought you were when I first talked to you." He says as he proceeds to walk past me.

"Are you joking? this is what I mean Malfoy! You would never treat me like this, its deeper than just you mark." I say as rage grows inside me.

He fiercely turns around, "And how would you know?" he asks.

"I wouldn't! and that's because you don't tell me anything! You push me away like I'm nothing."

He walks towards me, so close there was about a few inches left between us and I could feel his warm breath near my face. He cups my chin, "I was foolish enough to fall for you, now I'm living out of my mistake." He says and pushes my chin away.

———

Having a bad night, so I wrote for you guys<3
Your comments cheer me up!! 💖 u all!