2.

"Yeah, right" said Meli sarcastically, curling up on the banc at the end of her bed.

"So, you didn't answer my question, why were you not in classe?" continued Draco, sitting next the her and putting his arm around her shoulder.

Draco and Meli knew each other since as long as they can remember. Their parents evolved in the same circle of pureblood families. When they were younger, the two didn't like spending time with each other. Meli thought Draco was to uptight, which he was and still is, while Draco though Meli was rude, which she was and still is. It's in their first year at Hogwarts that things changed. Jane went to Meli's house for the summer vacation and slowly brought the two together. They became best friends that summer.

"You don't want to know, trust me." said Meli with a smile tugging her lips, thinking about how awkward it would make him.

"But what if I do?"

"You do not."

"But just imagine I do."

"Ok, ok, I'm gonna tell you." said Meli, desesperate to shut him up and go back under her covers. Draco smiled and looked at her expectantly.

"I'm on my periods." announced the young witch. With a smile, she waited for the inevitable awkwardness.

Draco's face turned red, which was easily remarkable due to the pale tone of his skin, and stayed silent for a bit. He got up, mumbled something about having to go and left the room. Meli shook her head and climbed back on her bed getting ready to watch another romantic comedy.

For the second time that day, Meli screamed at the sound of the door opening with such force. And for the second time that day, Draco went up to her without apologizing for scaring her. This time, however, he had something in hand.

Ice cream.

"What the hell?" asked Meli.

"My mom taught me well, Hiddleston. Apparently, food is always the best option."

Meli was astonished. "Your mom really is the best."

"I know." agreed the Malfoy boy with a grin. He sat down on the bed and opened the ice cream pot, giving Meli a spoon and taking chocolate out of his pocket.

"You have CHOCOLATE?!?" screamed Meli, reaching out to take it from him.

"Of course I do, darling." answered Draco, laughing at her and giving her the rest of the food.

"I love you Malfoy, I could kiss you right now if I wasn't eating." she said, mouth already full.

"Yeah, no thanks, you spend too much time with the Weasley twins."

"Hey, Fred and George are great and have a very good hygiene." protested the girl.

"I you say so."

"Well, I say so." she said, narrowing her eyes.

Draco simply shook his head and gave her another piece of chocolate. They kept on watching movies until eleven thirty when Meli dozed off to sleep. Draco looked at her with a smile and got out of the bed, attempting to not wake her up in the process. He got to the door and opened it on Jane who was about to do the same thing on the other side. She look at him, confused, while he indicated her to stay silent. He closed the door back behind him and hugged her quickly.

"What are you doing here?" Jane asked.

"I just spent the evening eating ice cream and watching Meli drool over actors I don't even know." he answered just realizing what he said was true and not knowing how he felt about it.

Jane smiled mockingly."Well thank you for that, now I don't have to feel bad for forgetting to go check on her."

"It's ok Jane, you had the right to enjoy your date, it's been a long time since you and Diggory actually spent time alone together." said Draco.

Jane thanked him once again, gave him a little kiss on the cheek and went in the bedroom. With just one look, she realized she wouldn't wake Meli up. The poor girl finally seemed to be comfortable and she didn't want to ruin that.

Jane was surprised Draco was the one to come and take care of Meli. Sure, he was caring and loving with his two best friends, and only them, but she never knew to what extent. It was true they were the only one he was really comfortable around, except for his mother, but then again, Jane expected him to be grossed out by periods.

She didn't spend more time on these thoughts and got into her bed after getting ready to do so. Soon enough, the only sound in the dorm was the calm and steady breathing of the girls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: That's it for the second chapter. Ok so ik Draco's supposed to be like cold and rude and everything but he's gonna sweet asf with Meli and Jane :)

Laeti