14.

"Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore got this oaf teaching classes" said Draco, loud enough for everyone present at this Care of Magical Creatures class. The boy has been trying to get a reaction out of Potter since they first arrived to Hagrid's house 15 minutes earlier.

"Draco, i have daddy issues too but do i expose them to the whole class three times a day? No, so i beg you to stop" groaned Meli.

She was extremely tired because someone wouldn't stop touching her legs with their cold toes last night so she didn't sleep at all. The only reason she got through the night without pushing Draco out of the bed was by repeating to herself there was only three days left to this torture.

Draco was about to answer with a sneaky remark but he saw her closing her eyes and leaning her head against a tree. She was falling asleep in the middle of the class.

For what seemed like 3 hours but actually lasted around 20 minutes, Meli was in a semi coma. She was sleeping while being relatively aware of the events taking place around her. She smiled mockingly when little Potter screamed from the sky, riding the Hyppogriff. That's why, when Draco pushed through the students to go at the front, she followed reluctantly.

"Give me a go at that thing. If Potter can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute!" proclaimed the platinum blond.

"Draco, can you not?" begged Meli. "Just calm down and let Professor Hagrid teach"

Meli didn't really care about the Care of Magical Creature teacher but she cared about not having detention again and if Draco got one, she would put have to go too. Three days.

"MALFOY! NO!" screamed Professor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't you have empathy?" asked Draco. It was now 21:30 and the boy was lying in a hospital bed, an arm in a cast. He had been brought there by a very worried Hagrid and followed by a very annoyed Meli.

"I would be very empathic and worried if you being here didn't mean that i had to sleep in the hospital wing" explained the teenage girl. They were waiting for Madam Pomfrey to give Draco one last potion before the night.

"There you go Mr. Malfoy. Drink that and then you two can go to sleep. Because of your... well condition, we'll bring one of the bed next to Malfoy" said the nurse, giving Draco a fuel.

He had been drinking the small potion once an hour since they got here, soon in the afternoon. It was supposed to keep his arm from hurting. It worked perfectly but Mrs. Pomfrey still insisted he spent the night here, to Meli's discouragement. Mrs. Pomfrey went to her office for the night and left the two teenagers alone in the big room.

Meli started to drag the bed to their right toward Draco. "I hope you'll be better tomorrow" she said as she jumped on the mattress.

"You're worried about my health Meli?" joked Draco.

"Of course i am. I also do not want to spend another night here but i am worried" she answered, her hands sliding under her head and the pillow. "Now go to sleep so we can get out of here"

Draco smiled and closed his eyes. Soon enough, his breaths become more regular, telling Meli he had fallen asleep. She looked at his peaceful expression. Strands of hair hung down on his forehead, the moonlight making them seem almost transparent.

She loved the stupid git. He was annoying, self-centered and stubborn but he was a good friend. They enjoyed each other's company and they could talk for hours and never run out of things to talk about. He understood her the same way she understood him.

The next day, Draco got the permission to go to class. They spent the following two days trying theirs best to concentrate in class but failed miserably. They were thinking only of the moment when, after a month of each other's constant company, they would be able to go in different directions without Meli almost asphyxiating.

When the time finally came for the two teenagers to go into Professor Dossi's office, they were on the verge of shaking from anticipation. Dossi, Dumbledore and Pomfrey were already there, talking. At the sound of the door opening, the three teachers stop their discussion. The potion teacher gave them both a fuel, which they drank immediately. A warm feeling overflowed Meli and the tips of her finger started to inch. But it all stoped after a few seconds and Draco and her made eye contact.

"Mister Malfoy would you please step away from Miss Hiddleston" asked Dumbledore, watching them carefully throught his half-moon glasses.

Draco took a few step to his right, never taking his eyes off Meli. The only people stressed in the room were the two students. Dossi was a hundred percent sure her antidote would work, Pomfrey was ready to take the young girl to the hospital wing if anything happened and Dumbledore, well, no one really knew what was going on in the old man's head.

Meli let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when she realized that the pain wouldn't come, that everything was finished. She chuckled lightly and thanked the adults in the room before running out of it, Draco following behind her.

Meli ran to the Slytherin common room and kicking the door open after saying the password. "JANE"

The brunette was slumped on one of the green couches and stood up immediately when she heard her name. Her head snapped in Meli's direction and a huge smile spread over her face. Meli walked to her friend doing a little dance of victory and pushed Blaise, who was sitting on the floor next to Jane, away after giving him a hug.

"Ok, what do you want to do now that you don't have Draco glued to your arse?" asked Jane, placing her hand on her now crosses legs like if they were making a decision that would change her life forever

"I want to go to the girls bathroom" answered Meli. It could've seemed strange to anyone else but for the whole time they spent under the potion's effect, Draco and her had to share a way to small bathroom whenever they were out of their dorm. The room was about 1 meter by 1 meter and smelled like a colony of rats lived there for several years before dying and decomposing.

"Weird but i get it" said Jane. "Ok come with me"

"Yesssssss" Meli said as she they both got up in a hurry, neither of them noticing Draco who just sat down on a chair next to where the girls were only a few moments ago. The boy watched the two friends exit the common room with a look that anyone observing could describe as sad, frustrated actually. And that look didn't fade as the Zabini boy stood up from the floor to go talk to Draco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just so y'all know my memory is shitty so the timeline of original books and movies events will be completely fucked up.
Hope you enjoyed,

Laeti