"They're my friends." She smiled uncovering her face to show her cheer.

"Can I be your friend too?" She asked. Eri looked up at her potential Dad and he smiled at her, a loving hand on the top of her head. Eri then looked at Piper again and nodded. Piper smiled happily and lifted her hand for a high five, Eri stared at it first before returning it.
Her gaze was torn from Piper for a moment and her face lit up, "Iida!" She exclaimed.

"Hey, Eri! I didn't know you were coming to visit today." He said scooping the little girl up in his arms as she ran towards him. Piper sighed and looked at her Dad. Aizawa laughed at the irony.

"I want a piggy back ride!" Eri demanded.

"Remember engines are for outside, I can still put you on my back though." He said letting her climb on his back as he carried her around.

Piper crossed her arms and her Dad sat with her, "I should ve warned you, Eri loves Iida."

"You're loving this aren't you? You like to take joy in my pain."

Aizawa laughed, "Only when I see something you don't." 

Eri came leaping into Aizawas lap excitedly, "Whoa!" He said helping her up onto his lap.

"Can I hear a song, Piper?" She asked her. Pipers heart melted and nodded.

"Of course you can hear a song, come on." Piper led Eri to her room with her Dad following behind.
Eri gasped at how beautiful and different her room looked from hers at UA.

"Your room is pretty!" She said.

"Thank you." Piper took her guitar off the wall and put the strap around herself. "Any requests?"

Eri thought a moment and nodded, "Can you sing you are my sunshine?" She asked.

"Of course." She tuned her strings and then started to play. Eri danced around excited for a minute then cuddled up to Aizawa, listening happily as she played. It was sweet to see her Dad taking in a child like this. Piper didn't know what it was like without a father, though of course he wasn't there all of the time
He was still there when he could be. Her mom didn't make it easier on him what with the divorce, but he seemed much happier with just her and Eri together in the same room.

Piper was always used to her Dads bloodshot, dry eyes but now he seemed less tired and bright eyed. Seeing the happiness on his face made it easier to forgive him keeping secrets from her. She just wanted him to be happy.

"Yay!" Eri and Aizawa clapped.

Piper sat down with them and Eri touched the strings of the guitar. Piper laughed and strummed them for her. "Go ahead, play."

Eri smiled and she started playing with the strings. Aizawa laid up against the wall on Pipers bed, his eyes closed and a content smile on his face. Piper looked at him and shook her head, "Eri." She whispered.

"Huh?" Eri whispered back.

"Looks like Dad fell asleep." She winked. Eri looked at Aizawa and then creeped up on him. She decided to try and scare him awake but his scarf covered her mouth before she could shout, "Nice try." He said with a devious smirk while his scarf tickled her. Eri giggled in protest until Piper rescued her.

"Piper made me do it!" Eri exclaimed.

"Oh I see how it is, you selling me out." Piper put her down. Aizawas scarf went to attack her but Piper caught its end with her hand.

"You forget I see everything."

"Not everything." The other end of his scarf started poking her and she started putting up a fight with the moving end.

"Run, Eri. Save yourself." Piper said dramatically.

"Okay." Eri sped out of the room and into the living room with the others to take cover. Piper looked quite surprised at how fast the little one made up her mind. Aizawas scarf dropped as he burst out laughing.

"She didn't waste any time." He laughed out. Piper sighed and shook her head.

"Shes a piece if work already I see." She said still covered in her Dads scarf. One end of it ruffled Pipers raven locks making her curls go everywhere.

"Dad! You're messing up my hair."

"So?" He said making the scarf give her a noogie.

"Ow!" She swatted the scarf away until her Dad decided she had enough. "Its nice to see that you're truly happy though." She said.

Aizawa stood up from the bed and looked at his daughter, "Ive been happy ever since you were born. Eri is just a double shot of that joy."

"I see..." She thought a moment. "I can help you pay for the house. Ill get a job."

"Piper-"

"And I can give you each paycheck until its paid off."

"Piper, no. That's so sweet of you but...I can do this, don't you worry." He caressed her hair comforting her.

"I just want to help."

"Look at what you've done with Eri today. You are helping."

"...You know what I mean."

"Yes, I do and I love that you want to do that for me."

"Then why cant I?"

"Because, you have only a few years left of being a kid. I want you to experience them to the fullest with your new friends."