Speak Life.

It had been four days since Iida was captured and everyone was working around the clock to find him. Piper was getting increasingly anxious but hid it from Eri to keep her from worrying, every night she would climb to the roof and stay there until morning, looking for him. Tokyo was so big, how could she expect to find him in such a massive city with so many nooks and crannies to inspect. Her sight twisted and ducked, turning around over and over again until she felt the pain in her head to stop.

"You shouldn't be up here, Pips." A familiar voice caught her attention. She looked at her uncle with a bloody nose and tired eyes. "Oh, Pips...you are working yourself too hard." He took out a tissue so she could wipe her nose.

"It's been four days, Uncle. Thought we'd at least find a clue to where he was." Piper tried not to cry. Mic sat down with her and brought his niece close.

"We will find him, investigations take time, it's painful I know to not see results right away but you have to trust the process."

"I can't bear the thought of him being tortured or-"

"You can't think that way, you know what I do when I worry about the people I love?" He asked her.

"What?"

"I speak life over them. What you think and what you say have power."

"What do you mean, speaking life?" She asked him a bit confused.

"Remember when you were seven and you got really sick?"

"Yeah, that was traumatic." Piper shuddered at the thought of it.

"Well, when I heard about what you were going through, I kept saying 'Piper is healed'. I replaced worry with that and you got better."

"Do you really believe that though?" She looked at him in slight unbelief.

"It's better than worrying." He looked down at her. "Try it."

"What good would it do?" She said getting a little irritated. What would saying words that were opposite of what was happening do? Her love was kidnapped and enduring god knows what and Mic wanted her to speak positive words over him? Did words actually have that much power?

"Try it, what harm would it do?" Mic rubbed her back soothingly as to keep her nerves from getting the best of her.

"Iida...is safe?" She looked at her uncle.

"Yeah, there you go. Say it again."

"Iida is safe...Iida is safe." She felt silly saying it but what if Uncle Mic was right? It couldn't hurt.

"That's good, Pips. Say those words when you are worried about him."

"I still don't see how this helps."

"You're not supposed to see it work, sometimes things work out for our good with out us looking." He kissed her forehead. "Now, come out of the cold and get some sleep."

"Okay." She followed him back into the loft and she climbed into her bed. Once Piper was asleep, she felt a tug on her hand, "Mmm?" Piper opened her eyes to see Eri looking at her with scared eyes.

"I had a bad dream." She pouted. Piper smiled at the little tyke and scooted over for her to join her, "Come in and tell me all about it, sweetie."

Eri wanted no time climbing into bed and snuggling with her big sister. "I had a dream that the bad guys took Daddy." She cried. Piper looked at the distraught child, "It was only a dream."

"But what it if happens?"

"It won't, do you want to know why?" She asked Eri.

"Why?"

"Because I can see Daddy right now."

"You can?!" She said excitedly.

"That's my power, I can see everything." She reassured her.

"What is Daddy doing?"

"Daddy is at home, he's drinking tea and about ready to go to bed. Figaro just jumped on his shoulders to nuzzle his face."

"Figaro?"

"Yes, That's Daddy's cat." Piper said comfortingly as she combed her fingers through the girls ivory hair.

"We have a kitty?" Eri smiled brightly. "What does he look like?"

"He's a black cat, as dark as night with green eyes as bright as jade."

"He sounds like a pretty kitty."

"He is, and he loved Daddy very much. There is one thing that is the matter though." She told her.

"What is it?" Eri asked concerned.

"Daddy is worried and he needs our help."

"How can we help?" She looked at Piper with bright eyes.

"We speak life over him, we need to speak good things."

"...Like what?"

"Like, this...Daddy will win." Piper saw the excitement in her eyes and she sat up saying it repeatedly.

"Daddy will win, daddy will win!" She almost jumped up and down.

"Don't say it too much." Piper laughed.

"Why not?"

"We can only say it when we are worried. That way it means much more." She instructed. Eri nodded and cuddled close to her sister, "I love you, Piper."

"I love you too, Eri. Let's get some sleep, okay?"

They both bundled up in the blankets and fell asleep.

__________________________

Kai had returned to the little lair they had Iida stored in, he looked at the slumped over Iida, tired and exhausted.

"Anything?" He asked Illuzion.

"Nothing, he said that his girlfriend broke up with him because he cheated. He doesn't even know if she's coming after him."

"You are such an idiot." Kai told him, slapping him in the back of his head. "He's probably lying, dumbass."

"How? I would've seen it in his head."

"You can't spot lies, you can only project trauma and phobias."

"I'd still be able to see if what they had shown me was a lie, it would be too obvious."

"Apparently not obvious enough for you. Turn up the heat with this guy, I want him to squeal on his little lady." Kai grumbled. "I need to know how she even knew I was in the court house in the first place."