Chapter 43

December 2nd

While busy cutting out carrots she's preparing for lunch, her mind couldn't stop thinking of the face Tyler portrayed after finding out about her mother's decision. It was shocking to him that someone would actually hate him so much to come up with a fence this wide and thick just to prevent him from being with her daughter, and the thought of that scared him. He did said no more as he was utterly shocked, but he was calm about it, as if he had a plan up his sleeves.

The doorbell to her apartment rang and quickly she left the tiny kitchen to attend to the anonymous person outside, even though she already knew whom it might be, there's also a possibility that Lexi would show up considering not seeing her today at school. However she had the biggest smile coupling eyes with the love of her life as he made his tall whole into her apartment, she hugs him tightly until he starts to complain. "I'm just not gonna get used to this," he chuckles, "both being in this place and this squeezing I received all the time."

"You can leave if you want... Oh the food!" She left him taking off his shoes as she hurried into the kitchen. "No wonder I smelled something burning!" It was sarcasm of course.

Yesterday they made the decision of skipping school to spend some time together. After all even if they were to attend classes, they'd still be undoubtedly distracted considering what's happening around them, Tyler was still not over Katty's death, how could he? This was a way to at least get away from everything negative, from everything disturbing, from everything not the two of them.

"Hmm, such soft bed. So what are you cooking!?" He asked while feeding his eyes with every edge in her apartment. It was small but yet enough for one person; a student of course.

"It's already done. Just close your eyes and I'll blow your freaking mind out."

"Wow, that cockiness is creepy to be honest." He slowly came down from the bed to sit on the floor close to the dwarf table. He closed his eyes.

"Alright close your eyes! I'm coming!"

"I'm getting old just by closing it this long!" He listened at the sound of her feet going back and forth, and the sound of each plate whenever it collides with table, and also the sound of her cheerfull humming signified how she was having a good time. He smiled.

"What are you smiling about? You're peaking right?" She asked and he shook his head, "alright, open."

The first thing he saw was her face this time without glasses, and she had the most curious expression. He then glanced down and was met by a steaming white rice then a stew in a transparent dish; very fancy, then two boiled eggs, some veggies and carrots and some naked sliced tomatoes, all contained in an appropriate manner of style. He started to smile but when he saw the two glass cups and a jug of orange juice, he burst into laughter.

She immediately frowned.

"So you made all of this. All this just to have a lunch with me? This looks like dinner from a five star restaurant!" Amid his chuckles he tasted the food and he liked it, now she starts to smile. "Well what did you expect? I told you I was a good cook. I guess now you can take back all your criticism on that day."

"You are more than good! I said five star restaurant level!" Coming from him she couldn't resist to blush. His first day in her apartment and his first time tasting her food. So far everything seemed like a dream.

But in honest truth, five star restaurant was hyperbolic, and she knew he was exaggerating, but isn't being hyperbolic at the right time the best way to win a heart? In his case, it was his way of making her happy. The food was undoubtedly elegant, he couldn't wait to tell Jake and the bragging lord Alex about it.

What did they talk about? Well they talked about funny events and they laughed about past serious events and they made jokes at the situations they couldn't handle; all over the lunch and juice. It wasn't later that they started talking about their career. She found out that Despite what Tyler was studying, he seemed to be more uptight and serious about becoming an artist in a whole, April defines him as a person who's in love with any type of artistry, however she claimed it to be a hard thing to take on.

"There are many artists out there. I know you have a lot of courage and your mind is vast, I love that about you, but I'm also sure there are a lot of people with better ideas and abilities." But he was cunning, "it's what makes art artistic." He says. This conversation dragged up to the kitchen where he helped her with the dishes. He wasn't quite getting her point, she was more interested in the financial lense. She believed it's a hard thing to keep up with, 'You'll have to be a prodigy to survive it.' So she fed the root to her goal once more to become a biochemist no matter what, meaning she'll be extra serious with studies. "In order to support us. Just in case your vast dream was slow in feeding the plants." She says and he laughed at her underestimating his capability. At this point, they were having the best of their time—no, the best of their lives. No work, no stress, all problems suppressed. It felt like a dream. It felt like to live this life over and over and over again. They really had each other.

_

9pm. Tyler had already left shortly after they'd finished Watching some TV shows; the last thing they did. He left with the biggest smile on his face after his one last kiss. But then it was starting to feel as though he never appeared in the first place and the warmth embracing her room for the past couple of hours was now being erased slowly unnoticed by the air conditioner; this air conditioner which was working since morning was now becoming colder, or perhaps so was her thinking so she closed the book she was studying on before moving to switch off the cold provider. Suddenly her body felt weak again as if a boulder was forcefully chained to her shoulders while she made her way back to the chair; resting the shoulders didn't budge the pain. She looks up to the ceiling and she could imagine how the stars where aligned, now she was conscious of loosing Tyler, another pain in her heart was created by the thought of loosing him, he indeed wasn't special but he'd managed inflicted so much of him in her that she wouldn't be able to notice if not for the obstacles they're both facing.

She placed her glasses on the table and she wondered what was the way out, as depressed as she felt, she never meant to loose hope rather her mind was unrest and determined to make things work. Even though she's still not sure what it means to really love someone, but she does knows one thing and that's the fact that she wants Tyler and her mother isn't going to stand in her way. She definitely isn't.