38: friends?

TW: this includes memories of trauma so if you get triggered easily please skip this chapter and I'll make sure you don't miss anything. 

I walked down the corridor with the small group of girls that had come to pick me up from my dorm until we reached what seemed to be their room, Tabitha unlocked the door and let me enter. I was hesitant at first but then walked in calmly, not letting down my facade. "What are we doing here?" I asked, turning around to see the group of girls rummaging through their things. 

Suddenly they pulled out all their little bags of makeup and surrounded me, I felt a little wary of them but nevertheless relaxed a little when I saw that it was only makeup and not some sort of knife. I reminded myself that not everyone was as crazy as stephanie, but I couldn't stop my heart from beating irregularly. "We're organising a party tonight in the woods that surround this camp, so we were wondering if you wanted to get ready with us?" A small wave of relief came over me, they perhaps only wanted to be friends. I sure as hell wasn't going to get along with Tabitha but maybe I could get along with the other girls. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Iona." One of the smallest of the group stepped forward, outstretching her hand so I could shake it. She had dark red dyed hair which I thought was very cool and it was styled into a mullet, her hazel eyes were stunning and I couldn't help but get taken aback by how strangely beautiful she was. Iona seemed awfully polite but kind of shy in a way, I shook her hand and then sat down on her bed next to her. She began talking to me about the fact that she thought my style was amazing and that she wished she could pull it off as well as I could, I smiled and told her that anyone could pull it off really, it was just a matter of confidence. 

From the corner of my eye, I could see Tabitha scowling and I pretended I didn't see that disgusted look on her face and carried on talking to the kind girl next to me. "Iona shut up we're trying to get her ready here, actually can you go get us a packet of crisps from the vending machine?"
"Uh- s-sure." The shy girl stuttered in response to Tabitha's controlling words. I frowned and turned around to face Iona. 
"You don't have to if you don't want to." I stated, watching the expression on Iona's face contort into one of fear. 
"N-No I wanted to go for a walk anyways." She said, not making any eye contact with me at all. I sighed, knowing that she was probably afraid of being exiled if she didn't do what the girls told her to. I watched her collect  the money from the girls and walk out the door, hearing it shut with a satisfying 'clack'. Then I turned to face Tabitha with an unimpressed look on my face, she seemed to ignore it though and walked towards me with her bag of makeup. 

"Was that necessary?" I asked, shooting daggers at the redhead with my eyes. She simply batted her eyelashes innocently and replied,
"I was hungry and Iona's always kind enough to help us out, isn't that right girls?" Tabitha turned to look at her little posse, they all nodded in agreement and I let out a sigh. 
"You didn't need to talk to her like that though-"
"So girls what kind of look are we thinking for (Y/n)? Actually whilst you girls are glowing her up, I'm going to go tell Julian about the party." Tabitha smiled and walked out the door, leaving me with the rest of the girls who began introducing themselves one by one. 

"I'm July, nice to meet you." Said a girl with long straight brown hair and a wonky smile, I didn't actually care much about their names but I made an effort to be nice so that I could get out of here quickly and go back to Judd.
"I'm Florence, but you can call me Flo." Added the girl standing next to July, that had short curly blond hair and was rather plain looking. I greeted them all one by one, but July and Flo stood out the most because they were the ones that ended up chucking a load of makeup on my face. 

When they had finally finished they shoved a mirror in front of me and grinned, as if they were looking at their masterpiece. I smiled and observed that they hadn't actually done a bad job. They had chiseled out my jawline and nose and applied light eyeliner to make my eyes look more cat-like.  Thanking them, I stood up but they shoved me back down onto the bed. "We're not finished yet." I shot them a dirty look and shuffled in my seat. July rummaged around in her bag and pulled out a short purple dress that matched up nicely with my hair, which had grown out a little- I made a mental note to cut my hair when I got back home. They all left the room and left me to get changed, the dress was tight and  short which accentuated my non-existent curves, actually it didn't suit me at all and it made my figure look like a door. I didn't know if they were doing this on purpose to make me look uglier, but if they were they sure as hell were doing a good job. 

After a couple of minutes of waiting for them to come back in I raised my voice, calling out to them. No one replied and I called out again. "Hello?? I'm finished changing you can come back in!" My voice echoed in the room and I began to question if maybe they had gone to the toilet. Suddenly I heard a small click that came from the door, I walked over and tried to open it but it wouldn't open. 

My next move was to begin banging on the door desperately, after realising that they had locked me in I began panicking. My heart began beating faster and faster, there were a hundred thoughts going through my head. 

"Please let go of me!" I screamed, feeling the grip on my arm get stronger as my father was dragging me through the living room. I knew what was going to happen next but I didn't want to face the reality of it. My arms stung as his nailed dug into them, I knew that they were going to bleed if he didn't let go soon. "PLEASE STOP, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" I shrieked louder, at the top of my lungs hoping maybe the neighbours would hear me and come and help me. But it was useless, I felt my body being flung into the closet and the sound of the doors being locked made my blood freeze. I didn't know how long I was going to be stuck in here, I didn't know when or if he was going to remember about me being in there and let me out. 

I began banging on the doors desperately, but received a loud bang in reply, which was meant to tell me to shut up. "P-Please." My voice became weak and my throat was burning from all the screaming I had done. I began thinking that it was all my fault that I was in here. My vision became blurry with tears that began spilling out of my eyes. I curled myself up into a ball, feeling the walls of the closet push up against me, as if it was trying to squeeze the air out of my lungs. Closing my eyes, I tried to transport myself to another world, one where I was happy and could live with mom without being scared of my own father locking me up. 

"P-Please let me out of here." My voice came out as a whisper after the sudden flashback to when I was living with my dad had well and truly debilitated me. I curled up into a ball and leant against the bed, small whimpers escaping my mouth. 

"LET ME OUT OF HERE PLEASE!" I screamed before disassociating completely. 

authors note- we've reached 100k! That's actually crazy! I didn't think this story would get so much recognition as it was something that I had initially started as a joke. But I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying it and y'all always make me laugh with your comments, they always manage to make my day and cheer me up when I'm feeling down. So this is my thank you to you lot, I will keep updating and doing my best! <3