33: new friendships

After an exciting evening in the car we returned to his home completely exhausted, on the drive back I had been drawing patterns in the steam that had been formed due to our activities.

Judd quickly parked the car and we sprinted inside and up the stairs as usual, ignoring the persistent calls from the Birch's. I felt a bit rude behaving like that but Judd would always remind me that it was better than putting up with them, and on a certain level I had to agree with him.

The rest of the evening was spent in his arms, watching Netflix on his computer, I eventually fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

I woke up the next day alone in the bed, with the covers pulled up to my shoulders. I kicked them off and sat up, slightly disorientated and dizzy due to my lack of iron.

My phone was charging on Judd's bedside table and I switched it on to see a few messages from a few different people.

Big daddy J : I went to get you breakfast before we have to leave for school fatass 💖

I furrowed my eyebrows at the name, not remembering saving Judd's name under that but I took a deep sigh and decided not to change it because it made me laugh.

"What's so funny?" His voice rung in my ears and I let out a small scream of surprise.
"Fuck me, don't be scaring me like that you dick." I placed a hand on my heart that was racing.
"Don't dirty talk me like that retarded faggot." He replied with a smirk and handed me the McDonald's bag. I sent him a cheeky smile and began excitedly opening the bag and pulling out the food he had bought.

"School today then?" I asked him with a curious raised eyebrow.
"Yeah if you feel like you're up to it."
"I'm not a pussy Judd, school ain't shit."
"You say that but I always see you running out crying." He replied, rolling his eyes. I let out a nervous chuckle and began munching down on a hash brown.

We ate our food whilst chatting and I asked if I could borrow one of his shirts and he told me that his clothes were also mine, I pecked his lips as a form of thank you and he tried to pull me down to deepen the Kiss but I giggled and shrugged out of his grip. He let out an annoyed groan and watched me waltz over to his wardrobe.

I grabbed a shirt that I liked and paired it with a black miniskirt that I fished out of my luggage. For my hair I decided to tie it up in half-up-half-down pigtails and ruffled out my outgrown fringe. "You don't need makeup baby. Who are you trying to look good for?" Judd said, wrapping his arms around my waist as I began pulling out my makeup bags from my luggage. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my eyeshadow pallet and brushes.
"I put on makeup to make myself feel prettier, I don't wear makeup for other people." With my reply Judd closed his mouth and began getting ready himself.

I did a nice Smokey eyeliner and applied some fake eyelashes that I had stolen from the airport. My attention was immediately on my dumb boyfriend as soon as I was finished, sending him a goofy grin.
"Hot." Was all he said and I chuckled whilst stuffing the things I was going to need for school in my bag.

Eventually we arrived at school and I pushed open the doors to reveal the bustling environment I definitely hadn't missed. I kissed my teeth and turned my head to face Judd who was wearing his usual emotionless facade. We began walking towards our classes and someone accidentally bumped into me and I scoffed, but then out of nowhere Judd shoved the person to the floor. A few people turned around to see what was going on, I rolled my eyes and began rubbing them with my fingers, attracting attention was the last thing I wanted to be doing right now. Clearly that inevitable when I was with Mr Birch.

Whispers from fellow students that had gathered around us were filling my ears, some talking about the guy on the floor, others about me and Judd. I decided blocking out their voices was the best option and battered my eyes to see what my boyfriend was doing. He was angrily staring at the guy who had accidentally bumped into me. "Watch where you're fucking going." Judd spat after a few moments of silence and grabbed my hand, leading me forward- out of the crowd, putting out intertwined hands in the pocket of his hoodie protectively.

"It was surely an accident there was no need for that." I said eventually breaking the silence when we were a fair distance away from the poor guy who was picking up his textbooks that had been in his arms when Judd had shoved him but were now littered all over the floor.
"People know not to mess with me here, now they know not to mess with you either." He replied in a pissed off tone. I sighed and told him I was going to smoke before school started. He nodded and let go of my hand.

I hauled my bag more steadily onto my shoulder and made my way outside. In my spot was someone else, who looked like they were crying. My facial features scrunched up, I wasn't good with dealing with emotional people, it always made me feel anxious.

When I got closer I noticed it was Julian, who was hunched over- but not crying. Instead he was rocking backwards and forwards slowly.

"Yo Julian!" I called out, instantly grabbing his attention as he snapped his head in my direction, sending a dorky smile my way.

His eyes were a bright red and his eyelids looked heavy. I briskly sat next to him and pulled out my cigarettes, offering him one. He thanked me and took one out of the packet, grabbing his pocket to try and find a lighter. I handed him mine and chuckled.

"Looks like you've already smoked enough though." I added, making myself laugh. He chuckled and shook his head.
"Ate an edible, turns out it was stronger than I expected."
"You ate one before school?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and an incredulous smile. He nodded and pulled his beanie further down so that it was covering his eyes, his chestnut locks framing his face.
"I wanted to tell the guy I'm basically in love with that I like him, so I ate the edible for a boost of confidence but instead it took me to mars." He said with a goofy grin, I laughed and nodded my head- understanding him.

We smoked whilst talking and laughing and I felt like we had made a good bond by the end of the first period, that I ended up skipping to stay and look after him.
"Judd w-won't be mad at me for spending time with you right?" He asked, slightly concerned. I shook my head and reassured that I wouldn't let Judd say or do anything to him.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

I turned my head in the direction that Julian was pointing to see Judd walking towards us with a confused expression.

"What are you doing here retarded faggot?" He tilted his head down to look at me, I was still squatting and looked at him with a cheeky smile.
"Julians on Mars, so I'm looking after him." A chuckle escaped my lips and he smirked before returning to his expressionless facade.
"You missed Mr Langley explaining the school trip they're having next month."
"Oh really? Where would we be going?" This was unexpected and I suddenly felt a bit annoyed that I had missed the lesson, but then rethought about it and wasn't anymore. I hated chemistry more than anything, the only good thing was sitting next to Judd at the back where no one could see what we were doing.
"A couple of nights somewhere for a science fair."
"Looks like you listened."
"Shut up."
"We have to choose our dorm mates by the end of the week." He added before helping me up to my feet, I then proceeded to help Julian up- who wobbled and then found his balance eventually.

"Julian wanna be in our dorm?" Me and Judd already both knew we would be sharing it didn't even need to be said. Julian raised an eyebrow.
"As long as you two don't make no strange noises during the night." He replied sassily, I burst out laughing and even Judd smirked again.

"I'm not promising anything." Judd answered.