|| 𝚝𝚎𝚗. ||

« -- ❈ -- »

𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 ]

i found // amber run

« -- ❈ -- »

There was perhaps nothing more embarrassing than your mother catching you snogging your crush. Regulus groaned as he pulled himself from the night before. He'd have to send Kreacher to search for some Pepperup Potion for him, but he couldn't shake the dread of having to face his mother. She hadn't spoken to him the rest of the night, and they had all retired to their beds promptly. He rolled over onto his stomach, eyes lazily gazing across his walls. He'd decorated when he had just been sorted, mostly in spite of Sirius. He'd seen the wrath of his parents from his defiance, and figured if he kept his room Slytherin enough maybe it could be good for the both of them. 

Now articles littered the desk and floors, Daily Prophets writings of the Dark Lord and the chaos ensuing all around them. Not that he experienced any of it, but he heard about it. Sometimes he wondered if he could be on the front lines, maybe then his parents would be proud. Maybe then he could make something of himself that wasn't just his position as the Black son or Sirius's younger brother. 

"Kreacher." He called out groggily, the house elf appearing immediately. Sirius had always hated him, calling him names and despising him for his beliefs. His mother treated him as she should, the servant he was, while his father mostly ignored him except to call for a drink. But Regulus had always found Kreacher's loyalty spectacular, and his humor quite entertaining when he thought no one was listening. 

"Yes Master Regulus." He bowed, bringing a small chuckle from Regulus's lips. 

"Has my mother called for me yet?" 

"No Master Regulus, Kreacher has not heard from Mistress Black." The house-elf was so stately, Regulus was sure he made a better Black than him or his brother. 

"Good, can you fetch me some Pepperup Potion? I don't want her knowing." 

"Of course Master." With another deep bow the house-elf vanished with a crack. Regulus had found himself on the brink of sleep again, falling into the soft supple lips of Jocelin again when the visions were disrupted by the pull of his mother's voice.

"We're leaving this evening Regulus. Visiting our estate in France, and you've been invited back to the Malfoy Manor and the Burke estate in Belgium. So pack everything you may need." He peaked out of one eye to her daunting figure in his doorway. Her hands were hidden under her robes, her face stern and cold per usual. Did she care about him and Jocelin? Was this a ploy to keep them a part because she hadn't arranged for them to be together? She'd told him if he found someone suitable, than she wouldn't resort to an arranged marriage. But yet, she still seemed hesitant to the idea that Regulus could make his own decisions, could chose his own life.