𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

The queen hated that phrase. If she wanted something, she would get it—even if that meant finding a way to alter history. 

"Guards!" She yelled, gaining the attention of her soldiers within seconds. The red tin-covered card-guards lined up outside her large door, their right hands placed on their forehead, soluting their queen.

"Where is your captain? Bring him to me," the queen ordered while furrowing her eyebrows. In response, a man—not a card—moved forward on his horse. He jumped off the stallion and bowed to Hyejoo while removing his helmet, revealing his dark-brown locks. 

"Your majesty," he began, standing tall. "What can I do for you?"

"Captain Lee Minhyung, I need you to take your men and find Choi Y/n, as well as anyone who's with her," she dictated, earning a nod from Minhyung.

"Of course, anything for you, Your Majesty," he praised with another deep bow.

Lee Minhyung, the leader of the queen's army, was also Hyejoo's most trusted advisor. If the queen needed anything at all, Minhyung was the first one she'd call. Perhaps their bond was so strong due to their childhood friendship. 

They first met at a royal event being held by Hyejoo's parents. At the time, Hyejoo was eleven years old, and Minhyung was thirteen. They soon clicked, and later became friends. Minhyung was Hyejoo's only companion, seeing as it was around the age of eleven when she began to grow a hatred for her sister. Over the years, their devotion for each other grew, and Hyejoo began to fully trust the boy.

No matter what, Minhyung supported her. He was the only one who ever did.

Of course, when Hyejoo became queen she could never admit to feeling such affection. She told herself that she needed to be seen as powerful, and Minhyung soon realized that too. 

The queen hummed. "Now go, we can't waste any time! Go!"

"Yes, your majesty!" The soldiers shouted in unison, Minhyung included.

Minhyung turned back to the crowd of guards and yelled at the group to begin the search. The guards did so and began marching out of the castle exits, their legs moving in sync as they did so.

Before leaving the building himself, Minhyung looked back at Hyejoo, bowed slightly, and placed his headgear back on his head. He then mounted himself back onto his steed and rode away down the stone-floored hall.

The queen sat alone in her chamber, silence overflowing the room.

"Now, we wait," she advised to herself out loud, breaking the hush that filled the room. 

"We wait until Y/n's head is in my hands—then everything will be alright again."

~~~

The Clock Realm

"She wants me to do what?"

"Sh-she wants you to help her."

That bitch, can't do anything for herself.

"And she wants me to go to her palace?"

"Y-yes, Madame Time..."

Jo Haseul let out an annoyed breath as she looked down at the messenger in front of her. The poor man was literally shaking as he bit his bottom lip in dismay.

I'm not that frightening, am I?

She pinched the bridge of her pale nose, massaging it slightly. Her fair skin was framed by her dark shoulder-length hair that was pin-straight. To avoid smudging her smokey makeup, she removed her fingers from her face and let them hang by her side, brushing against her black satin dress. 

The dress had a slit on the left, and travelled down to the floor, while the skirt trailed behind her by a few feet. The bottom half of the dress had no designs, it was simply blank. The torso, which had a Queen Anne neckline, was embroidered with a combination of jewels and sequins, all placed evenly apart from each other. In the opening of the neckline hung a necklace with a clock at the end—although this wasn't the clock that was used to control time. This was merely a piece of jewellery.

The actual clock she used was built inside of her abdomen. It was a part of her, because not only could she dictate time, but because she was time itself. 

She is Time, and time is her.

"I guess a visit to Hyejoo wouldn't be that bad of an idea," Haseul scoffed as she adjusted the crown on her petit head. It was a simple tiara—gold with a few black and silver gems. 

"Very well, let's go to The Red Queen's palace," she ordered.

The servant nodded and began to walk the other way. Haseul followed as her six-inch heels clicked against the tile floor, making her feet ache. She stopped for a moment to calm her feet from the pain.

I should have settled for the four-inch heels instead...

Time cleared her throat and brushed off the front of her dress before beginning to walk again, catching up with the frightened messenger who appeared to be muttering something to himself.

Finally reaching a small room at the end of the building, the duo stopped and stood in front of a six-foot-tall grandfather clock, which had a glass door on the front of it.

From the outside looking in, it simply looked like a regular clock. But once opened, it was so much more. Time opened the see-through door and placed her fingers on the small hand of the clock, moving it to 12:00.

12:00. The Red Queens castle. Time to visit an old friend...

WORD COUNT: 1490

hiii I'm sorry for such a late update... I know this chapter isn't the greatest, as it's really short and not a lot of action was involved, but you got to meet a new character! I'll try my best to work on the next chapter soon, but I gotta makes sure I get all my schoolwork done too.

sorry if there are any major mistake <3

have a great day/night!

- c

IG: jxonhxxjin // rchjin // loonathethreadss