Back to Reality

It was strange to notice how much things changed since I whispered those three little words to the Doctor.

Waking up after a full sleep cycle in the Doctor's arms was part of it. I would sometimes wake up and feel the Doctor behind my back, his arm against my stomach; it was like a cocoon given the difference in size, his head was often above mine, his chin against the top of my head, although sometimes he would kiss my neck, his lips kissing soft, warm skin on my neck on a few occasions. Other times I woke up after sleeping, with my face buried in his neck and my hand resting on his chest.

That morning I woke up in the first position. Although I didn't wake up by myself, but by the kisses the Doctor pressed on my neck. With a sigh of tiredness and pleasure I rolled over and moved a bit closer to the Doctor to take advantage of his warmth. His arms wrapped around my back and I could only guess that there was a smile on his lips. One of his hands reached up to my neck and played with a few red locks.

After a couple of minutes, I was wide awake, but that didn't mean I was moving from the Doctor's arms. In fact, I let my procrastinating side come out and did nothing but enjoy the Doctor's embrace and cuddles. He quickly noticed my act of course, and after a few minutes I felt him huffing and puffing and laughing half way.

"Good morning, Alvia," whispered the Doctor tenderly, his chest vibrating as he spoke.

"Good morning you too, Doctor. "I greeted him using the same tone, passing an arm over his chest.

" We have to get out of bed, you know? "he chuckles after a few minutes, realizing that I wasn't going to get out of bed.

"Nooo..." I complained. "I don't want to, why don't we have a day off? The bed and your arms are so comfortable."

"Don't you think it would be too much? You sleep a lot, you know?"

"And you don't get enough sleep. "I replied, moving away slightly to face the Doctor. "We've had this conversation enough times, Doctor. We only repeat over and over again what has been said so many times already."

"And as always, you are right." he sighs, already giving up the battle, moving his fingers slowly to rub my head. "You win, let's stay in bed today. Except for mealtimes, of course."

"Meals are sacred." I agreed, as if we were talking about a universal peace treaty.

"Still, sometimes I wish you weren't right all the time."

"Be careful about what you ask for, Doctor." I warned, suddenly getting up, facing him and resting on one elbow. "It could be dangerous. Very dangerous."

"Nah, it can't be that dangerous," he denies, getting up too.

"Let's pretend during one of our adventures that I thought I was right, only to find out that I was wrong. An adventure that I know, that I saw. " I said to him, slowly caressing his chest with my clothes on, looking at his eyes without flinching. "That would mean it's different. And different might not be a good thing, it could be dangerous, it could be even more dangerous than it was originally. And that Doctor.... That terrifies me to death. More than the Cybermen and the Dalek, more than the Ice Warriors or the Zygons. More than..."

The Doctor interrupted me and my monologue as he put his fresh lips against mine, swallowing my words. I closed my eyes during the kiss, moving my lips to dance with the Doctor's lips.

"Let's not think about it anymore. "he said before he gently kissed my jaw. "I'm sorry I brought it up, I should have known better. "He continued, before slowly lowering his hand down my neck with soft, little kisses.

His voice whispering apologies into my neck and near my ear along with his kisses on my skin made me shiver and gasp from pleasure, and he noticed it. He paid more attention to my neck and I could no longer stop the shivers coming up my spine or the sighs from my half-open lips. My hands slipped into his back and his hair as everything became more and more intense. One of the Doctor's hands grazed my hip and caressed my thigh only to stop and curl up on the back of the same thigh.