Chapter Eight

As the time came closer to the final dates Sasuke could get a transplant, Naruto became more and more anxious. I mean, who wouldn't be?

Naruto wanted to do this. He loved the Uchiha. It didn't matter that he'd die, as long as Sasuke survived.

"Dr. Tsunade... Please. Do the transplant... Sasuke's dying. I don't care if he doesn't want it, he's been on the transplant list for too damn long!" Naruto yelled.

Tsunade just sighed. She couldn't dissagree with the younger blonde. Sasuke's been on the transplant list for longer than Naruto was.

"Naruto... Are you really serious about giving Sasuke your kidney? I mean... Once you give it up, you'll die..." Tsunade dreaded saying those words. The boy was like her son. After the nearing twelve years they had spent together, it was hard seeing Naruto act for the sake of others when he still wasn't quite healed.

"I've never been so serious about anything in my life. Can I please do the preceedure?" Naruto was practically on his knees. He needed Sasuke to live.

"Yes... but what about Iruka?" Naruto hadn't really thought about Iruka. He was too caught up in wanting to save Sasuke he hadn't even thought about his guardian, who had just lost his boyfriend.

"I... I have to. I can't think about it too much. Just... let me do it. Please." Naruto begged once again.

"Fine, after all you are technically an adult now... So you don't need Iruka's permission. I guess we can make the surgery next week. Be ready."

Naruto was grateful and thanked Dr. Tsunade. This was it. Naruto was ready. The thought of death never scared him though, even if he believed he'd just rot in the ground. He didn't mind, he'd make a difference and that's all he ever wanted to do.

---------
Next chapter is the last chapter. I'm not going to lie, I have a feeling I'm going to cry writing it.