Are You Sure You're Not Iron Deficient?

Louis and Zayn found themselves outside the large victorian house on Wingfield Ct. The dark metal fence around the property and the large willow tree just out front have had students talking about the spooky property since the school's founding.

Every new student hopes they get selected to live in the glorified building, but the housing committee for this place, in particular, is selective.

Louis pounded on the door with a relentless force. His quote on quote 'good mood' lasted for all of a few hours and he was back to his hot-blooded self.

Zayn insisted on driving but Louis wanted to make sure he couldn't back out once they were in the car. The students were just now going about their night and the traffic made Louis just a tad...homicidal.

A familiar face opened the door. She had straight brown hair down to her waist and thickly lined wings on her eyes. She wore distressed black jeans and a mauve colored crop top that exposed more than it covered. "Look who it is." She put a hand on the door and shifted her waited against it.

"River." Louis acknowledged the bitter girl without so much as a smile. "How's the uh...what was it? humanities major?" Louis egged her on.

She pursed her wine-stained lips. "Good. Yeah." She smiled a fake smile. "How's the writing career. Occult studies right? You know what the say 'those that can't...write about it."

"Right. Right. Well then, I can't wait to read your next book on dancing like you have a giant stick up your ass." Louis was never one to back down from a good old fashion smackdown. In fact, he thrived off this sort of thing.

Zayn coughed obnoxiously loud to signal to Louis he was ruining whatever chances he had of this girl helping him.

"What do you want Louis? We're currently not accepting any new resident applications, but if I were you I'd check the dumpster behind Wendy's where all the other trash is spending the night." She clicked her tongue like this was just as much a sport for her too.

Louis clenched his fists and took a long soothing breath. "Is Liam here?" Louis asked through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, you know I don't think he is." Her deep raspy voice gave Louis the same sensation as hearing Velcro come undone. She shrugged her shoulders as if she was sorry but they both knew she was lying.

"Okay. Well, we'll come back later! Thanks." Zayn turned to leave.

"Feel free to come back anytime, Zayn." She twirled the ends of her hair. Louis couldn't help but laugh as he remembered their shameful rendezvous once upon a time.

"Are you sure he's not here?" Louis tried to be civil and poised for the sake of them getting some answers.

"Well, it is a big house. Maybe I missed him." She smiled deviously.

"What do you want River?" Louis sighed.

"I'm just a little curious what brings two party boys like yourself here at this hour with such deep furrowed lines on your forehead." She stepped into Louis' personal space to make a point. "Must be important."

"It's research related. Probably way over your head. Sorry." Louis pressed his lips together. There was no way he trusted her with this. Whatever it was needed to stay between him and Zayn and possibly Liam until he knew what he was dealing with.

"You know it doesn't do you well to underestimate me, Louis," She whispered in his ear before turning around to head back inside. She left the door open so they took it as their cue to come inside.