Part 41

"I figured."

About an hour later, Mitch and I walked to a restaurant near their apartment. It was deserted, but open, so we went inside.

"This place is usually packed... Hello!"

"Yes, hello!" The hostess was short and curvy, the kind of girl I would date before. She had her long blue and purple colored hair pulled back into a beautiful messy bun that seemed to sparkle in the sunlight. She smiled and led Mitch and me to the first booth by a window facing an open intersection. I felt a familiar anxiety, but pushed it away when Mitch's hand met mine in the center of the table.

"You okay?"

"Yeah! Just... Haven't been on a date in a while."

"You literally don't have any reason to be nervous. I've been watching you eat for almost 4 years."

"You watch me eat?" I watched his eyes go wide. He stammered over a few syllables before pulling his head down on my hand on the table. I laughed and lifted it. I went to sit next to him, but he cupped my ass and physically pushed it away from him. "What?"

"Pet peeve."

"Right." I sat back down and made kissy faces at him from across the table, which made him laugh his usual laugh. The same woman came up to us with a small pad and a pen.

"Hello again! My name is Samantha and I-"

Mitch burst out laughing. He waved his hand around and contained his laugh to light muffled tittering. I rolled my eyes and turned to Samantha. She was giving me sex eyes, which I couldn't deny liking, but I was committed and refused to let her get in the way of this new thing I had with Mitch.

"I'll be your waitress today. Could I start you off with something to drink?"

"A coffee for me and orange juice for the missus. Oh, and two glasses of water."

She glared at Mitch, who was done laughing and was wiping the tears off his face. She put on a fake smile. "The missus? Are you two together?"

"We are." I smiled at her and grabbed Mitch's hand. "Isn't that right, honey?" I smiled at him, trying to give him some kind of signal with my eyes. He wasn't even looking in my general direction.

"Did we fuck twice within 12 hours?"

Samantha looked horrified. I probably looked horrified. Mitch covered his mouth and turned to me. I massaged my temples. I could feel the blood rushing to my face. Mitch started laughing again.

"I'm sorry! You know I can't think and talk at the same time!"

"I'm just glad no one else is here."

Samantha quickly turned and went to place the orders for our drinks.

"She was hitting on you."

"You knew?!"

"She looked you up and down when we walked in."

I didn't know that. How did he see that? What? "Wait, you said that on purpose?"

"Yup."