Part One

I sat on the couch and listened to Scott plan this large triple date fiasco from his room. He always talked louder when he was on his phone, but I never really minded it until now.

"...You could bring Jeremy and we could finally meet Kevin's girlfriend! It'll be fun."

I rolled my eyes and adjusted back against the couch a little more, figuring I was in for another too quiet night at our large apartment. Scott almost sang the date and time at Kirstie before hanging up and skipping out of his room.

"Oh, hey!"

I looked up from the book I'd decided to read and adjusted the glasses on my face. He was wearing his floral print Joyrich shirt with the large 50 plastered across it and a pair of black skinny jeans. At least he wasn't wearing the shorts.

"Hey, Fucker." He laughed a little before sitting down next to me. He put his head on my shoulder and started reading along with me.

"Oh! I'm going out tonight."

"I heard."

"Do you wanna come too? A lot of us are going!"

I took a deep breath and closed the book, my finger holding my page for a second. I looked at Scott, which forced him to sit up and look back at me.

"I think I'll say home. Maybe I'll call Avi."

"Ah. Team Single group meeting?"

"Shut the hell up!"

I hit his arm playfully and he laughed.

After Scott had left, I sat with a case of Oreo's and went in. Halfway through the first row of cookies,  there was a knock at the door. I figured it was Avi, so I took my time standing up and walking over. Two cases of beer and three bottles of wine were waiting for me at the door. I stuck my head out and looked around, but there was no one there. I grabbed the bottles of wine and carried them to the kitchen, figuring I could go back for the beer. When I turned, I bumped foreheads with Avi, who was carrying the beers in each hand along with some extra bags.

"Oh my god! Avi, are you okay?"

"Yeah." He sat the beer on the counter next to the wine and carried the bags into the living room, rubbing the middle of his forehead with his now free hand. "When your parents said you were hard headed, I don't think that's what they meant."

"Great."

His loud guffaws of laughter echoed through the otherwise empty apartment. He pulled various snacks out of the bags and spread them out across the table. "I'm not sure how many of these are gluten free, so I brought more Oreo's!"

"Why did you buy anything?"

"I figured I'd probably be here a while! I didn't want to empty your fridge."

He had a point. Dad could eat. I sat down next to him and watched him flip through channels. It didn't take long before we were both belting the lyrics to the intro song of Dragonball Z; him holding a beer and me drinking from a bottle of chardonnay. We were three episodes into the five minute countdown at the end of season one when Avi started crying.

"Sorry. I used to do this with-"

I hugged him close, supporting the otherwise stable bass and lightly rubbed his back.

"I know."