•20•

•Kylie's pov•
Tom and I watch yet another episode of our show on Netflix as we wait for Haz to get back before we order some food. I start to get jittery, not really able to pay attention to the show.
"Ky.. you called me last night." He says.
"I kind of remember that." I nod. "Did I say something weird?"
"You miss Haz." He states and I mentally slap my drunk self for calling Tom to talk about Haz.
"Yeah well.." I shrug, not really knowing what to say.
"He loves you Ky. You know that." He encourages.
"I think I need a break from guy drama right now." I say.
The front door opens, and my eyes dart over to see Haz walking inside. He looks really angry, and I'm starting to realize why he actually left. In fact, I know why. He 100% went to talk to Michael and I don't care. I'm thankful that he cares about me so much.
I stand from the sofa, walking straight over to him and wrapping my arms around his torso, squeezing tight.
"You okay Angel?" He asks just above a whisper.
"I'm okay." I mumble.
"Wanna go to the diner? Or are you not up to going out?"
"Actually.. going to the diner sounds great right now." I nod.
I just want some normalcy. I missed these guys.
"You know- I'm feeling really tired." Tom yawns over exaggeratedly.
I look over to him with an eye roll. He's obviously not tired, it's only five in the afternoon. He just wants Haz and I to go alone.
"Oh are you?" I giggle.
"Yeah, I think I'm coming down with something too." He does the worst fake cough.
"Really? Cause you were just fine this morning." Haz laughs.
"Yeah it's come on all of the sudden." He says. "I think I should go home and get some rest."
I look to Haz, who is already looking at me, a goofy smile on his face.
"Yeah alright mate. See you later." Haz says.
Tom winks at me before walking out the door, and I shake my head.
"Yeah he's definitely not sick."
"Not at all." Haz grins. "But I don't mind getting you to myself."
We go to the cafe, and it's pretty empty as usual. Ronda sees us, getting a big smile on her face.
"How are my favorite customers doing?" She asks as we sit at our normal table.
"Good." I smile. "How are you?"
"Well, I've actually got some bad news for you guys.." she sighs, taking a seat at the table with us. "Pam and Don can't keep this place running anymore.. we have to shut down next month."
"What? That's awful!" Haz exclaims.
"That can't happen.." I frown.
"I know, I'm just as sad about it as you guys are." She sighs, standing once more. "I'll go get your pancakes."
She walks off and I look to Haz, who looks just as sad as I do. This is terrible. This was where we met, where it all started. Now it's going to be gone forever.
"This sucks." I state.
"I know.." he sighs.
I feel so bad for the owners.. they love this place. They opened it as a young couple and now they're elderly and still in love. They were always a huge inspiration to Haz and I.
"I want to show you something. It may brighten our moods a bit." I say, grabbing my bag and pulling my book out. I hand it to him, and his eyes light up. I love how excited he gets for me.
"Kylie.. this is amazing." He breaths, flipping through the pages.
"My first novel. It's actually happening Haz.."
He looks up to me, his finger tips slightly making contact with mine on top of the table.
"I always knew you were gonna make it." He gushes.
_____
After we had gotten back from the diner, we sat and watched movies and chatted the rest of the evening. I want to ask him about how he feels about me, if he still wants me, but I'm scared. Not necessarily of rejection, more so of changing the dynamic. Right now we're in this weird place, and I'm scared to leave it. What if the place we go to after I ask those kind of questions is worse? I don't want to risk it.
Our legs are pressed side by side, and his arm is resting on the back of the couch behind me, his fingers playing with my hair as they always do. This seems so normal to him, but for me I can hear my heart beating out of my chest. I can only pray that he doesn't hear it too.
"It's getting late. You're probably tired." He comments.
"I'm fine.." I say in hopes that he won't leave just yet.
"You have work tomorrow." He states.
"I know but.. will you stay?" I ask.
He gives me a soft smile, fingers still combing through my hair.
"Sure." He nods.
I stand to my feet, holding my hand out to him. He takes it and I pull him back to my room which is a little messy but I couldn't care less. It's just Haz.
"You want me to sleep with you?" He asks a little weary of the situation.
"Oh I just figured- I get it if you don't want to-"
"Darling, as long as you're fine with it, I'm fine with it." He assures me.
I am already in my pajamas, and Haz strips down into his boxers. I avoid looking at him to be respectful and earn a chuckle. Moving the blankets over, I climb into my bed and rest my head against the pillow. Haz gets in beside me, pulling the blankets half way up his body, leaving the majority of his torso uncovered. We lay facing each other, his hand resting atop of mine.
"Thank you for being there for me." I mumble.
"I always will be." He says.
I close my eyes, and his fingers glide across the skin of my cheek.
"Goodnight my love."
•Harrison's pov•
The sun starts to rise, and I look over to the beautiful girl sleeping next to me. Her hair is slightly fallen in her face, and her lips are parted, letting small snores escape. I want to grab her and pull her into me, I want to kiss her good morning, but I can't.
"Angel.. wake up." I say quietly, running my hand over her arm.
"Don't wanna." She mumbles.
"We both have work Darlin' you gotta get ready and I need to go home before the office."
Her eyes now open, looking up to me.
"You're gonna have fun dealing with Tom's questions." She giggles.
"I can handle Tom." I state. "He's easy to shrug off."
"I wish I could say the same for Alice and Maggie." She says.
"Ah they're not so bad. Maybe we should set one of them up with Tom." I suggest.
"Alright well." She starts, sitting up a bit. "Alice will give him a makeover and change him into what she wants him to be, and Maggie will make it way too serious way too quickly and start talking about kids on the third date." She explains and I laugh.
"So they're crazy?" I ask.
"They're amazing friends but they don't make very good girlfriends." She giggles.
"Well, Tom is better at the office without distractions anyways."
I get out of the bed, making sure to pull the covers back over her. I get my clothes on, and find my keys.
"My neighbors are going to think I had a one night stand with a sugar daddy." She mumbles.
"Well you kind of did." I joke.
"Minus the sex." She says.
"Unfortunately." I frown and she shakes her head at me.
"Goodbye Harrison." She shoos me away.
"Bye Ky." I smile, and leave her house.

A/N: we are nearing the end, I know it doesn't seem like it, but we areeee. I'm also v excited for my next book it's gonna make you all cry heheh