•19•

Warning: this chapter handles sensitive topics that may be upsetting or triggering to some readers.

I wake up, head pounding as my eyes open. My vision is a bit blurry, and the last thing I really remember is being at my house with Alice and Maggie.
I look around, not recognizing my surroundings. It's a large living room, bright light shining through the windows. My hand glides over my stomach, feeling that I don't have a shirt on. I sit up quickly, looking down at my naked body only covered up by a blanket. Panic starts to set in. Where the hell am i? Why am I naked?
I see my clothes scattered across the floor, and I quickly gather them, throwing them on my sore body. Memories of last night start to trickle back into my head. From the phone call with Tom, the cab ride to the bar, Michael showing up- I left with him. He...- we slept together.
Oh my god.
I pull out my phone, but it's completely dead and won't turn on.. I groan quietly to myself, and look around the room. I spot a landline, which is so rare now a days. Reaching for it, I try to think of Alice's number, or Maggie's number, but I can't remember them for the life of me. Who needs to memorize numbers anymore?
The only number I have memorized is Haz's...
I type the number in with anxiety, praying Tom picks up.
"Hello?" Haz answers.
"Haz.." I start.
"Kylie? Is everything okay?" He asks, obviously noticing the tension in my voice.
"Can you please come get me from Michaels.. please before he wakes up." I say quietly.
"What did he do Angel? What happened?" He asks quickly.
"Can you please just come?"
"I'm on my way. I want you to go wait outside okay?" He says.
"Okay.. bye Hazzy."
I hang up the phone, and as quietly as possible, open the front door and step out. I walk down to the sidewalk, sitting on the edge as I wait for Haz. It takes less than ten minuets for his car to pull up, which makes me realize he must have sped down here so quickly.
I stand, getting into the car and shutting the door. Haz gives me a concerned look, making me look at him.
"What happened?" He asks.
"We uhm.. we slept together." I mutter. "I barely remember.. I was really drunk.. I just remember it hurting. He was aggressive.."
I feel safe talking to Haz, I feel safe telling him this even though he's my ex and it may be a bit weird..
"You were drunk? And he still slept with you?! I'll fucking kill him-"
"Haz it's fine." I sigh.
"No it's not! He fucking raped you Kylie! You weren't conscious enough to give him consent."
"Can you please just take me home.." I ask.
He gives me sad eyes, his hand running over mine, giving it a squeeze before letting it go.
"Yeah, let's get you home." He says.
The rest of the car ride to my house is silent, but by the way Haz is white knuckling the steering wheel, I can tell how angry he is. He's always been very protective over me, and I know how badly he wants to go confront Michael right now.
We get to my house, and the soreness makes walking inside a difficult task. Haz takes notice, his jaw clenching. He doesn't say anything though, he knows all I need right now is for him to be here for me.
"Go sit down, I'm gonna grab you some Advil." He says.
I sit on the sofa, plugging my cell into its charger. Haz comes to sit next to me, handing me the water and pills. I down them, setting the cup down.
His hand strokes through my hair, and I rest my head against him, just wanting comfort from someone I love and trust.
"How did you end up there." He asks.
"The girls and I went out for drinks and I drunkenly invited him." I answer.
"Are you okay?" He now asks a bit softer.
"I'm okay.. it just, I was so drunk.. and he just took advantage of that." I mumble.
He pulls me into him, hugging me tightly. I never want him to let go.. I feel so safe in his arms.
•Haz's pov•
After a while of comforting Kylie, I call Tom over to come spend time with her while I 'take care of a business thing' which is what I had to tell her so she didn't know I'm actually heading to Michaels to beat the shit out of him.
"I'll be back in a bit okay?" I say to her.
"Okay." She nods.
"Need to talk to you for just a second." Tom says, pulling me outside the door and shutting it so Kylie can't hear us talk. "What happened?"
"Michael fucking sexually assaulted her is what happened." I say.
Tom face drops, his hands running over it as he sighs.
"This is my fault." He says.
"How is this your fault?" I ask.
"Because she called me. I asked where she was and if she was okay, at the time she was fine. She said she was home and that everything was okay.. I got off the phone with her and left it at that." He explains.
"Tom this isn't your fault, how were we suppose to know that she'd go to the bar and get taken advantage of? That's on Michael. And that's what I'm going to take care of right now." I state.
"Good luck.."
I drive to Michaels, not giving him any clue that I'm coming. He's been texting Kylie all day but I turned off her phone so she could ignore him. I get to his house, pounding my fist on the door angrily. The door opens, and Michaels eyes widen when he sees me.
"What are you doing here?" He asks.
I walk into his house, past him, and he shuts the door.
"I'm guessing this is about Kylie." He laughs lightly.
"You think that's funny? You think it's funny to abuse a drunk girl?" I ask, disgusted by his attitude.
"Is that what she told you?" His voice gets high. "Kylie was flirting with me all night. She's the one who asked me to come out, and when I asked her if she wanted to come back to my place she said yes."
His argument makes me angry, is he seriously trying to make what he did okay? It doesn't matter what she did earlier in the night. He took a drunk girl home and took advantage. That's fucking disgusting.
"Let me make myself clear." I start. "You're a fucking rapist pig. I don't care what you think, that was not consensual. She called me in a panic, she's upset. You hurt her."
"Well I didn't mean for that-" He tries.
"Stay the fuck away from her. You are never going to speak to her again." I grit my teeth.
"Mad that you're girl may have found someone better?" He smirks and I feel anger rise in me. I can't hit him. I can't hit him because it's not worth it. He's not worth it. I take a deep breath, looking him straight in the eye.
"You are going to stay away." I say.
"And if I don't?" He challenges.
Oh he has no clue who he's up against.
"I will report you to every fucking person I know in the system. Keep in mind Michael I'm a powerful man, I have connections in very high places. Through me, those charges would be hard to escape. Have fun trying to get another job when you're listed as a sex offender."
He gets a shocked look on his face, not expecting me to be this harsh at all.
"You'd seriously fucking do that?!" He exclaims.
"You'd be surprised the lengths I go to to keep her safe." I state. "It'd be smart to stay away."
I walk towards the door, opening it to leave.
"Oh and by the way, you're fired."

A/N: I've already started writing the first few chapters for my next book and it's so dark and sad I'm v excited for u guys to read it !!