•3•

After the long night of drinking for my birthday, Alex drives everyone home to go to bed. I paced myself pretty well, and by the time we actually left I wasn't too drunk so I won't have to worry about drunk calling anyone tonight. I've definitely made that mistake before. We get to my house, and Alex walks me inside, grabbing water out of the fridge to force me to hydrate.
"So just out of curiosity, what was he saying when you two were at the table across the room?" He asks. "You were laughing, you seemed really happy."
"Well I was laughing because he reminded me how shitty i am at golf." I say.
"Golf? Since when are you the kind of girl to play golf?" He asks with genuine surprise.
"I was really different back then.. we use to go on fancy dates, expensive trips, on his days off we'd go out on his boat and drink fancy wine. It was definitely a more luxurious version of myself." I admit.
I can tell Alex is really confused. I never really told them much about my relationship with Haz other than why I broke up with him. They didn't realize he was rich, or that he was one of the top business men in London, if Alice knew that she'd call me a fool for letting him go.
"All that and you still left him?" He asks.
"Love isn't about money to me.." I mumble.
"You're such a hopeless romantic." He laughs and I roll my eyes.
"Yeah whatever."
Alex says his goodbyes once he sees I'm good for the night, and heads out. I go to my room, and start to get ready for bed. Today was the perfect birthday. It was laid back and fun, I missed having normal birthdays that weren't made to be such a big deal.
My phone dings, and I finish changing into my pajamas before grabbing it.
Unknown: hey Angel.
I don't have his number saved into my phone anymore, but the nickname gives it away. Why is he texting me already? I probably shouldn't text back, it's weird.
Kylie: miss me already?
I mentally slap myself for sending that. I can't talk like that to him anymore, it just came naturally because that's how we were when we first got together. We always flirted back and forth, we were in love. We had a fairytale type of love in the beginning, so strong I never thought it would burn out, but it did..

Flashback
"Okay we are almost there." Haz says as he leads me somewhere with my eyes closed. He knows I'd peek, so he also tied a blindfold over my eyes.
"I hate surprises." I tell him, earning a small laugh.
"Yeah I know. Take a step up." He says. I lift my foot, stepping into something different, harder than the soft grass.
"Can I take this off now?" I ask.
"Not yet." He answers.
I feel movement in the ground below me, and I squeeze Haz's hands tight.
"What's happening? Haz I swear to god if I die-"
"You're okay pretty girl, I've got you." He says, pulling me close to him. My arms wrap around his torso, my body pressed against his.
"Alright, you ready?" He asks me.
"I don't know.." I say nervously.
"3..2..1.."
the blindfold is pulled from my face, and all I see for a moment is blue. My eyes dart around me, seeing sky and landscape, then they look down to see I'm standing in a little box.
"Oh my god.." I gasp, seeing what we're doing. "I've always wanted to go in a hot air balloon!"
"I know, that's why it was a surprise." He grins.
"Haz this is crazy." I shake my head. "How did you even do this?!"
"I have connections." He shrugs. "Anything for you, my darling."
As I look around at the views, my eyes fall back on to the blue eyed boy standing next to me, watching me intently with amusement.
"I love you." I blurt out.
Oh no.. this relationship is so new.. we've only been together for two months and I'm already saying I love him?! Who does that!
"I'm sorry I got ahead of myself-" I try to take it back.
"Please get ahead of yourself." He says, his hand grabbing mine. This is the first time I've ever felt that fairytale love I have searched for, that I have longed for.
"I love you.." I say once again.
"I love you, too."
End of flashback
Reminiscing on the old memories is cut short when my phone dings once more. I grab it quicker than I'd like to admit, and open his text.
Harrison: I've missed you for nine months now.
My body freezes, not really knowing what to say back. Haz always has spoken whats on his mind, regardless of whether it's appropriate to say or not. I wasn't expecting that..
my phone starts to ring, and I see it's him calling. My thumb hovers over the decline button, but without even thinking, I answer. The phone lifts to my ear, but I don't say anything.
"Kylie? You there?" His voice sounds.
"Yeah" I say just above a whisper.
"I uh.. I don't know why I'm calling.." he says with a slight chuckle.
"Haz..." I sigh. "We can't do this."
"Do what? I'm not doing anything. Just calling." He says quickly.
"It took me months to get over you Haz, and I just don't think I can be friends. I'm sorry.."
He's silent for a moment, and I hold the phone tightly to my ear.
"Just lunch. Tomorrow. Please?" He asks.
Well.. one lunch with the boys wouldn't hurt. I already agreed, and I can't back out of an agreement.
"Alright. Tomorrow. I'm going to go to sleep now."
"Goodnight. I'll talk to you tomorrow." He says softly.
"Night, Haz."
____
After what felt like the best sleep I've gotten in a while, I wake feeling really relaxed. The sun is shining and the day is off to a good start. Weird enough I don't feel a bad hangover, which I completely credit to Alex for making me drink tons of water. I grab my laptop, knowing I need to write a couple chapters of my book before I lose my good mood. As I grab my laptop off my bedside table, my phone lights up catching my attention.
Haz: good morning darling, lunch at noon? You know where.
He's right, I know exactly where. It's a cute little cafe down the street from his office. That was where we met, and that's where we always went for lunch when he went on his lunch breaks at the same time as me. So many memories sit in that little diner.

Flashback
I sit in the not so comfortable seat, typing away on my laptop. The rain pouring down outside, and my insane writers block made for a less than enjoyable afternoon.
"Anything else I can get for you?" The waitress asks as she sets down my plate of pancakes with strawberries on top.
"No that's all, thank you." I smile.
I get back to tapping my fingers on the keys of my computer, trying to work through the awful writers block, but nothing was coming to me. I've been struggling with this for weeks.
"Harrison, Tom, good to see you two boys as always!" The waitress says happily as she greets the two guys that walked in. They intrigued me. Why come to an empty old diner dressed so nicely in what seems to be very expensive suits.
"I'm ready for the best pancakes in all of London!" The blonde one says.
"Take a seat, I'll have them right out." She says.
The boys turn, the blonde one meeting my eyes, which instantly makes me look away to my laptop screen. They definitely saw me analyzing them, but who wouldn't? They were dressed as if they were going to a ball.
They sit at the table next to mine, which I internally groan about. I really don't need any distractions while I'm writing my book.
An idea pops into my head, but after typing it out I come to the realization that it just didn't sound as good on paper. I sigh, pressing the backspace button and deleting it.
"You seem in distress."
My head lifts, seeing the boy was in fact talking to me.
"I'm fine." I say quickly. I can't stand guys that put themselves into other peoples business.
"What are you writing?" He asks.
His brown eyed friend rolls his eyes, which is exactly what I want to do.
"Just working on my novel." I shrug, hoping he will leave the conversation at that.
"A novel?" He asks. "What genre do you write?"
That was a question I wasn't expecting to get. Normally the idea of a novel writer bores people.
"Romance." I respond.
"Writers block?" He asks.
"Actually yes, it's driving me crazy." I laugh.
Okay, maybe this blue eyed boy isn't so bad.
"You just need some inspiration." He comments. "Maybe a date with your boyfriend would help. It could get you in the mood to write romance."
"I don't have a boyfriend." I mutter.
"Oh.. that's a shame. Maybe I can help with that." He says with a quirky smile where one side of his mouth lifted slightly higher than the other. "I could take you to dinner tomorrow night?"
I feel a blush rise on my cheeks, and I quickly take a breath, trying to calm myself down. I'm not use to this kind of attention, especially not from someone as attractive as him.
"Yeah, I'd like that." I nod.
"I'm Harrison by the way."
"I'm Kylie."
End of flashback
The memories take over, and I find myself falling into a daze of thinking about all the happy moments we had. When we first broke up I would dream about him every single night, but slowly, that came to an end.
I really hope it doesn't start again. I could be making a huge mistake by letting him into my life like this all over again.

A/N: giving you guys an extra chapter this week! Does anyone else love reading flashbacks because I do, and that will be a big part of these first chapters because I want you to understand their past relationship.