Ch 142: How Shameless

The next day, Lin Yie wakes up to the sound of his alarm, but his body is still sore from yesterday's beating.

"Tsk, finally awake?"

Lin Yie turns his head to the side and sees Ansel changing into a uniform.

"What a joke. I've never slept in, alright."

Lin Yie drags himself out of bed and rubs his temples. While he's trying to recall what happened yesterday, Ansel walks up to him and asks, "What happened to you?"

"?"

Ansel seems a bit irritated, "Did you forget what you did last night?"

'Huh?" Lin Yie raises an eyebrow, "What did I do?"

Ansel grits his teeth, "I was sleeping, but you suddenly barged in and started shouting some gibberish, before you fell asleep, not to mention you were snoring. I couldn't even sleep because of you!"

It's then Lin Yie sees the dark circles around Ansel's eyes.

He pauses, "Why can't I remember?"

But seeing Ansel's frown deepening, he quickly says, "Wait. Wait. Wait. Let me think..."

He goes inside the bathroom and washes his face with cold water until his mind is clear.

Now he remembers.

First, there were Skadi's thighs....

Wait, not that...

He washes his face again.

It's the wave leaping strike she taught him.

He was really excited that he managed to block her strike, so he was shouting in excitement when he returned.

Uh...

How do I explain this?

But then again, why did he do something like that? It didn't make any sense.

Lin Yie thinks about last night more carefully. It felt like he was drunk, but he didn't even drink.

Perhaps...

"The fact that you managed to use the wave leaping strike shows you are a descendent of those people, but you are still weak. Using this ability seems to add too much burden on your mind and body, so just to be safe, stay in your dorm tonight."

Lin Yie facepalms.

"'Doctor' Lin," Ansel asks, "Do you remember now?"

Lin Yie turns around slowly while scratching his head in embarrassment, "Uh, that, uh, I'm really sorry."

Ansel rolls his eyes, "What the heck happened to you last night? Weren't you taking a shower in the office building? How did that take so long?"

Lin Yie doesn't know how to answer him.

Ansel, like most operators in Rhodes Island, doesn't have a good impression of Skadi. Setting aside the rumors, Skadi's personality has made the matter worse (She doesn't even acknowledge the other operators). Before the misunderstanding is resolved, Lin Yie doesn't want to mention Skadi in front of Ansel.

If Ansel finds out Lin Yie learned an ability from Skadi...

Lin Yie falls into silence.

Ansel frowns, "Why are you so quiet?"

"Ah, no, it's nothing," Lin Yie shakes his head.

Ansel snickers. Lin Yie's lie didn't fool him, but he doesn't feel the need to delve into the matter.

"..."

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door.

"I'll open the door."

Lin Yie takes the opportunity to get out of the stalemate.

"Wait-"

Ansel tries to stop Lin Yie, but Lin Yie has already opened the door.

When the cold winds hit his chest, Lin Yie realizes he made a mistake.

He's not wearing a shirt.

The ones standing outside are Silence and Ifrit.

Silence doesn't seem to care, but Ifrit is frowning.

She spits two words out, "How shameless."

-------------------------------

Draft by Demosama