Ch 97: Crushed To Death

Lin Yie climbs out of the dung bucket.

The Sarkaz warrior Lin Yie just stabbed is covering his crotch and squirming on the ground while roaring in pain. Fortunately, the other Sarkaz's have left. Otherwise, they would have heard the screaming. To be safe, Lin Yie takes out a black rock from the bucket and shoves it in his mouth.

Then, Lin Yie helps Liz out of the bucket and reassures her, "Don't worry. We're safe now."

Liz looks at Lin Yie and then the Sarkaz on the floor. She shudders.

Lin Yie squats down and pulls the rod out of the Sarkaz. Blood and filth shoot out of the Sarkaz's rear.

He's actually quite proud of himself right now. His teacher Yato can't even deal with two Sarkaz warriors, but he took two out consecutively, albeit not in a fair fight.

Lin Yie grabs Liz's hand, "Come on. We have to go."

Liz can't walk anymore. She's really scared. Everyone said Sarkaz's are devils, but to her, Lin Yie is the real devil. After seeing how her kins ended, she doesn't want to go with him anymore.

Lin Yie is confused, but when he sees how skinny she is, he thinks she is just exhausted, so he carries her on his shoulder again.

He smiles, "I will bring you out no matter what."

Before he leaves, Lin Yie turns towards the Sarkaz again.

"I'm sorry, but..." He lifts his metal rod, "I must help this kid end her nightmare. So, farewell."

He stabs the Sarkaz with his rod.

However, the rusty rod couldn't penetrate the Sarkaz's armor.

Lin Yie frowns and stabs again, but he fails, so he looks at the place that is not covered by armor.

Every man, no matter how strong he is, has a weak side.

In order to help Liz, Lin Yie stabs the Sarkaz's soft side again and again.

Once, twice, three times, ...

Liz watches Lin Yie violate her kin in horror.

A minute later, Lin Yie nods in satisfaction. He carries Liz on his shoulder and returns to the hall, where the centurion is. The centurion is lying on a stretcher, mangled, and disfigured beyond recognition.

Lin Yie is not sure where he should go. He thinks following the path he came in will probably bring him back to the surface, but that path is one of the main roads. Without his stealth, if he encounters a Sarkaz, he will definitely GG. His other option is the secret passage those Sarkaz's mentioned. However, even if he finds it, he can't use it, at least not this time. Those Sarkaz's already went there to find him. Lin Yie doesn't think he can succeed this time, so he will try his best and see how it ends.

He takes a deep breath and tells Liz, "I don't know if I can save you this time, but I will come back again..."

Liz gets paler after hearing that.

Lin Yie doesn't know what she's thinking. He walks towards a passage, but before he can go in, his leg is grabbed by someone. He looks down and sees the centurion, who crawled to him from the stretcher. He thought the centurion was dead. He was wrong.

"Enemy," The centurion speaks in a low, thunderous voice, "Must die!"

Lin Yie thrusts his rod towards the centurion, but the centurion grabs it and snaps it like a twig.

What the fuck?!

In the next second, the centurion grabs Lin Yie's head.

"Die!"

"Ah!!!!!"

...

Lin Yie wakes up screaming.

He looks around in a hurry and sees Nightingale hiding a corner, shuddering. Nearl is trying to comfort her.

Nearl glares at Lin Yie.

"Let him do it," Shining says. Lin Yie turns around and sees her behind him.

Nearl is disgruntled, but she knows who Nightingale needs the most right now, so she steps aside.

...

Half an hour later, with Shining and the medical staff's help, Lin Yie managed to put Nightingale to sleep.

Shining asks him, "What happened?"

Lin Yie doesn't know where to begin.

He smiles bitterly, "I got crushed to death."