Chapter 3

Y/n POV

I rummaged through an abandoned house, looking for supplies.

Arachne was outside, waiting for me to finish.

As I opened another room, I saw a large bed with a wooden chest at its base.

I walked forward cautiously before I slowly opened it.

Inside, there was a thing of what seemed to be leather armor.

I dropped my bag, before removing it all from the chest and laying it out.

A full set of leather armor, with a helmet included.

I looked over it a few more seconds before I strapped it tightly to the outside of my bag. I didn't have much room inside of it and I would rather save its durability for an actual fight. Maybe it could block the stingers of those Hornet girls.

I didn't dwell on it for much longer as I put my bag back on and headed back outside.

Time skip

I crouched in a bush, just outside a large, open field. A short cut for where I was heading.

Arachne: I don't see what you have to worry about. You'll be fine

I took out my rifle and looked down the scope, before searched the father part of it.

Y/n: you can say that confidently. You're a massive spider. I have slimes to worry about

Arachne: Hmm, but you'll be fine if you go around in the forest

Y/n: i know. But I'd prefer to stay out of the forest around here more. I'd rather take my chances with the slimes then wander into a nest of bees

Arachne; and you're traveling with an Arachne

Y/n: you know what I mean

I put my rifle away and I stood up from the bush.

Y/n: just meet me on the other side

She rolled her eyes before walking away.

I sighed before I started running across the field.

But towards the halfway point, my backpack jerked backwards from me and I fell.

I shook my head back before looking behind me.

Nothing. But my backpack, specifically the outside of it, was jerking around.

I took it off and I saw the set of leather armor I had found was moving around.

Y/n: of course it was living armor. Everything has to be fucking alive now!

I took my machete before cutting the straps that held it loose. Then I kicked the armor away, to get some distance between us.

Within seconds it stood up, taking the shape of a human without the actual human in it.

It then looked towards me, or where the human face would be looked at me. Then it rushed towards me.

I jumped to the side, avoiding it and it stood in between my stuff/escape and me.

I sighed, before reading my machete.

Y/n: come on

It rushed me again, jumping towards me.

I grabbed it's leather brace armor, pushed it to the left of me as I rushed towards my bag.

I grabbed it, slinging it on before rushing back towards the forest.

Halfway there, little left to go.

But I was tackled to the ground, the weight of the armor in my back.

It clung to me as I worked on prying it off.

As I looked back, I noticed a slightly transparent person inside of it.

I rolled forward, getting on my back and pinning it below me.

I elbowed the gut area before finally prying the arms from around my neck, letting me get up.

I then turned back to her, putting my foot on her chest piece to prevent her from standing back up.

She looked at me with little emotion before holding up her arms.

I pointed my machete but she didn't move an inch.

???: hold me?

I was confused for a second but she didn't say anything else.

I removed my foot from her chest and she stood up only to hug me, holding on tight.

I was speechless, frozen in confusion and fear.

???: so you finally realized she was living armor?

I turned my head, seeing Arachne with a smirk.

Y/n: you son of a bitch

Time skip

We were back on the main road.

The living armor, who I am apparently her husband/wearer, was strapped to my bag, now asleep again. She was very light, which was nice since I wouldn't be weighed down.

Arachne on the other hand wasn't in the best mood now, as I tied her top half up, only allowing her legs to keep walking. A rope attached to my bag kept her moving.

Arachne; well aren't you a sucker

Y/n: I swear to god, I will end up killing you

Arachne: you're no fun at all

Y/n: you could've told me it was living armor

Arachne: I know. But where's the fun in-EP!

I pulled on the rope and her bindings tightened. She soon turned from being surprised to letting out slight moans before I let it go.

Arachne: unfair

Y/n: life in unfair

I heard her breath in. She let out a small laugh before speaking.

Arachne: it's very strange. You reek of demonic energy, yet you show no sign of monsterization. A normal male would normally have become an incubus by this point

Y/n: don't make it weird

Arachne: but it's already weird

Y/n: stop it. If I'm right, we should be about 20 miles away from a city

Arachne: oh? And how can you tell?

Y/n: I just know

??? POV

Lilim: my Lord. Are you really sure about him? We captured his father but what do you think he'll do once we engage him?

I rested in my bed chambers, speaking to one of my daughters.

???: tell him the tasks and if he succeeds, his father shall be free

I heard laughter and I saw the Boy's father, still bound in chains, though sitting in a chair in the room.

Male: Even if he does complete the task you'll just enslave us both. I know that. So don't touch my son

I got up, walking over to the male, bending down.

???: if he wants to find you as much as it seems, he will be completing them. They are nothing more than a test to see if I am right

I grabbed the male's chin, lifting his head to meet my eyes.

???: and if he succeeds I promise you'll be free

Cliffhanger