7

Austin’s POV

I didn’t sleep last night

I think it was a mix of being excited for today, and the dreams. But now I’m on the bus, and about an hour away from the venue. It’s still dark out at 6:00am so I’m really tempted to fall asleep, but I don’t want to have that dream of the boy walking from me again.. I don’t know why but every single time it hurts more and more and more. 

I try to look out the window, 

look at everything passing by, 

The street lights remind me of the warm candles my mom always set around our little house. 

I see a mother walking hand in hand with her young child, for a second, I see my mother and I. 

I feel a tear fall down my face as I realize how alone I really am.

I close my eyes in attempt to prevent any more tears from escaping, but in the process I feel myself drifting away into sleep, I try to fight it, but finally give in to my unconscious mind, knowing what it has in store for me as soon as I completely surrender my thoughts. I try to hold a little bit of my mind, 

but I fail. 

I see the red haired boy walking towards me 

I stand like a stone, hoping to stop him from walking directly through me. I know that it wont work, but I have to try… this dream is different , I see so many details of his face that I’ve never seen before. I see his eyes and their exact color and shape, he isn’t wearing a shirt. So I see his tattoo’s that cover his arm, and he has one large tattoo covering his stomach. I see the exact way his hair moves as he walks. And all of these details almost put me into a state of shock, I stand, stunned by this person who I’ve come to know so well in my dreams, but I see him a completely different way now, and I can’t let him slip away again.

He walks closer and closer to me, and soon we are face to face. We both pause for a second, and look into each others eyes, before he continues to walk directly through me, and into the distance. This time I don’t chase him, but I just watch him leave. An empty feeling lingering in my chest 

After the boy disappears I wake up, just like every other night. I pull out my cell phone  

6:45am 

I get to the venue in 15 minutes so I just pull out my paper with the times and bands list,  and make sure I know which bands I’m going to go see, and make sure all the timing is correct. 

Finally the bus arrives in front of the venue, and I get off with about half of the people in the bus.

I bring my printed out ticket to the booth, and they put my bracelet on. There aren’t a lot of people here yet, maybe 100 or so.

After a few hours the gates open and I flood in with a now large line.

A grin stretches across my face ... Finally I’m here.