41| The Seeing-Stone

Start from the beginning

Legolas shook his head. "I don't know. Perhaps Gandalf may be able to tell us."

I nodded in agreement. Shakily, I began to push myself off the ground with my arms. My biceps burned in response but I tried to ignore it, stifling a wince as I managed to push myself up into a sitting position.

I breathed a silent sigh of relief. Now to go from sitting to standing...

The elf-prince offered me his hand, but I shook my head in response

"I'm okay, Legolas."

I tried standing on my own, but as I rose off the floor, the very world before my eyes seemed warp and spiral, fading in and out of darkness as I felt my entire body sway.

"No, you are clearly not."

I felt Legolas' arm wrap around my waist, supporting my weight.

"Come on, I'll help you." He firmly stated. "Let's find Gandalf."

I nodded, having lost strength to argue.

Slowly, we made our way to the resting area of the rest of the Fellowship, the elf careful not to walk too fast as he helped me along.

As we approached, I could hear Pippin's small voice through the doorway

"He asked me my name...I didn't answer."

Coming into the doorway, I saw a concerned Gandalf kneeling before Pippin, with Merry and Aragorn standing around them. Pippin's expression was pale, as if all blood had drained from his expression, as if he had just seen a ghost, or perhaps something much worse. His eyes were widened with fear, and his voice trembled.

"He hurt me."

Gandalf's voice was stern. "What did you tell him about Frodo and the Ring?"

Pippin shook his head frantically. "Nothing, I swear."

"We may have another problem." Legolas spoke from beside me. At the sound of his voice, they all turned towards us.

Gandalf furrowed his brows at the sight of my weakened state. Turning back to the hobbit, he softened his tone.

"Get some rest, if you can. You will need it for tomorrow."

Turning his attention back to us, the wizard silently gestured to follow him out of the room.

Legolas' arm never left me as we followed after Gandalf. Aragorn followed behind. We entered the main hall again, the fire that Legolas had lit earlier still burning into the night.

I sat down on one of the benches in the hall, feeling glad that there was something solid beneath me to support me.

"What happened?" Gandalf questioned.

I exhaled slowly.

"We were just talking outside when I felt Amarya begin to pulse."

Gandalf was silent, but I noticed his expression visibly tense. Legolas tilted his head in confusion.

I suddenly remembered, I never told him about Amarya.

I gingerly held up my hand, revealing the gold ring that sat on my finger.

"I felt this sudden but...terrible pain in my head." My head swum as I recalled that minute of pure agony. "There were voices...screaming in dark tongues that I had never heard before."

I shuddered. Gandalf's frown only deepened as I continued to describe what I went through.

"I couldn't breath, I couldn't speak, the pain just seemed to..."