CHAPTER 16 (FINAL)

Start from the beginning

He is indeed thankful for the older. The latter never left his side even in their iland days. And he's more than thankful for that.

"Of course. " Heeseung reached for his dongsaeng's hair only to ruffled it, earning a chuckle from the younger. "So, when are we moving? "

Jungwon laughed at what his hyung used.

Moving? Really?

"I'm thinking of tomorrow"

-

Jungwon went his old dorm that he used along with other trainees way back when he's still a trainee. With Heeseung accompanying him.

Jungwon searched for the last letter he received from Hanseol. He needs it as it was written there her exact address.

Once they arrived at the old room, Heeseung immediately sat on the stool in the kitchen while Jungwon searched for the letter in his old room.

But he found none.

He searched the whole place and he's going frustrated in every passing second. Why can't he see it? Where did he put it? Of course there's always someone who clean their old dorm every week but that person didn't threw it, right?

Jungwon bit his lips hard while searching the whole dorm. He searched everywhere but he found nothing. That's why he found himself walking towards the mail box outside of their dorm, hoping—even praying to every gods and saints out there that the letter was there.

Jungwon took a deep breath as he opened the mail box only to be surprised by what he saw.

He blinked his eyes and picked one of the letters. His heart broke from the date that was written there

March 19 2018

Jungwon picked another letter then followed by many only to check the year of the letters. It was all 2018, 2019, 2021, and some are this year, 2022.

Jungwon felt like collapsing. How could he forget it? How could he forget informing her about him, moving into their new dorm?

Jungwon grabbed all the letters and went inside the dorm and to his old room, planning on reading all the letters he should've received these past few years. He settled on the bed and started reading the letters one by one.

He felt stupid. He felt idiot. He can't stop blaming himself while reading all the letters Hanseol sent him. His heart breaks everytime she ask him to respond to her mails.

It took him a few hours, and that few hours filled with smiling, laughing at how stupid Hanseol can be, crying, silently screaming and even blaming himself for being oblivious and stupid. Once he was done with the old letters, Jungwon proceeds on reading the most recent ones. Which was this year, and late last year.

And Jungwon felt like punching himself even more. It broke his heart whenever Hanseol mention about the beatings, about her sufferings. About how she's not okay and still holding onto his promise that he once considered not doing so, thinking that the other is in good hands now. That she's perfectly fine and probably away from her father.

Oh how wrong and stupid he was.

Jungwon's system filled with nothing but regret. Especially when he read the letter which Hanseol confessed her feelings.

Unrequited love?

No! It's not since the feelings is mutual.

Jungwon cried, clutching the letter in his chest for dear life as he rocked his body back and forth on the bed.

He felt lost.

"No, Hanseol. I-i love you t-too" He mumbled in between his sobs.

It took Jungwon a while to calm down before he continued reading her letters with his heavy heart. He's a mess. He looked shit but he didn't care. All he care is her and the letters she sent.

Jungwon immediately fished out his phone from his pocket and saved the number that was written on one of the letters. He then immediately dialed it while reading the rest of the letters. But it is as if fate isn't in his side this time, as the call just directly go to a voicemail so he immediately end it. But of course, he tried almost a hundred times but the result always ends with a voicemail.

Jungwon felt drained. It's as if his body went numb as soon as he read the last two letters where Hanseol was begging him to come and save her. And the last letter was sent two months ago.

Jungwon didn't know what happened, why the letters stopped. Why she stopped sending him letters.

He didn't know anymore, guilt and regret started to consume his system. His body is aching from all the cries and his throat's hurt from all the screams.

Heeseung already left a few hours ago  as he was needed in the company so Jungwon didn't have to worry anymore. That's why he stood up and threw everything his eyes landed onto.

He just can't deal with the guilt, the regret, the ache in his heart.

How could someone do that to her? How dare that man touched her, his own daughter?!

Everything is suffocating him.

Jungwon collapsed on the floor while mumbling the same words over and over again.

"I'm sorry Hanseol. "

THE END.