CHAPTER 16 (FINAL)

[07 April 2022]

"You okay? "

Jungwon sighed as he glanced at his group member who's tapping his shoulder. He smiled.

"Yeah hyung, I'm just. It's like something isn't right" Jungwon honestly answered, not hiding what's really going on in his mind.

Heeseung patted his back. "Maybe you're just over thinking things again?"

"I don't know hyung"

Jungwon sat on the bed of his hyung. He came here to talk with the oldest since he felt uneasy and it's been a while now.

It's been three days since he and his group went back to Korea after their tiring yet amazing world tour.

[A/n: I know Enhypen doesn't have world tour yet but this is for the sake of the story so yeah lol. Let's pretend they had a world tour alread. ]

As usual, he met their fans, their engenes who are always there to support them no matter what. Listening to their songs and voting them in every competition. Jungwon just loved their fans.

"Is it about the girl you keep on telling me? What's her name again? "

Hanseol.

"It's Hanseol, hyung" The younger said.

"Yeah her, Hanseol. Is it about her? " Heeseung asked, sitting beside the younger. "Or about our work? "

Jungwon sighed, shifting his gaze to rest on the curtain that's blocking the blinding sun on the closed window.

Truth was, Jungwon is not sure since it's been a few years since he last heard about the girl. Heck he didn't even know what she looks like now. If she grew taller, if she became more beautiful and more mature.

Another sigh escaped his lips. "No, not about our work. I don't know. It's just that, I'm not sure if she's okay or not. Especially from her abusive father. "

Jungwon clearly remember how the girl cried in his arms, how she told him everything about her abusive and worthless father. He remember it all too well, even the bruised face of her everytime they see each other.

His heart started aching just by thinking those old times.

How are you now? Are you happy? Do he still need to do or fulfill his promise? Maybe you found someone else?

Jungwon didn't know.

But maybe, she's happy. Maybe I don't have to fulfill my promises...

Time passes so quickly and time can change everything. That's why Jungwon is doubting if he still should fulfill his promise. A promise of getting the girl from that hell excuse of a place.

Heeseung nodded his head. "We still have a week break, do you want to visit your hometown? "

Jungwon really want to. Heck he even want to pack his bag right at this moment and flew back to his town and search for the girl he cherished the most. The fragile girl who needs protection from this cruel world.

"I'm not sure of her address hyung" Jungwon answered truthfully, lowering his gaze.

"But we can still try, right? "

The younger looked at Heeseung, confusion is written in his face. "We? "

Heeseung nodded. "Yes of course, I'll come with you. You've endured too much already, Jungwon. And you deserve this. Plus you're my favorite dongsaeng""

The younger idol chuckled, knowing that his hyung always say those words to every members. But regardless, he appreciates it.

"Thanks hyung"