" She's just like Hide to you. I can't see the difference between her and Hide. You see, she's someone that you really care about and someone that you need in your life. She created my world full of colors from the dark, depressing one. It's funny you know... how all the ones I love always disappear."

***

It was pouring heavily in the busy city, Tokyo. Some held their umbrellas above their head and some were running for lives while trying not to slip in the streets. Meanwhile, a ( h/c )-female, who was around the age of seven, was walking lifelessly, not even bothering to run away from the rain that was soaking her coat.  She finally found a shelter and that was a medium-sized temple with few holes on its roof, but that didn't bother her.

She walked at the same pace towards the temple and sat on the cold, stone floor. It never stopped raining and what she could only do was to stare at the rain as her coat remained wet due to the temple's holes. Not long after, she suddenly felt that the rain stopped. When she looked up, she didn't see the sky but an umbrella with flower patterns, and her heart stopped beating for a second.

" Are you okay?" the person, who held the umbrella, asked as ( Y/n ) made eye contact with her. She widened her eyes before softening them again.

" Yes, I am."

" You don't seem like it though," she replied and took a seat next to her, still carrying her umbrella, " where are your parents?"

" They.. passed."

" O-oh! I'm so sorry! " she stuttered, but after few minutes, she calmed down and her face turned gloomy, " I don't have parents either. They died because of ghouls so now, I live with my grandma."

" I'm sorry to hear that," the ( h/c ) female said, clenching her fist and sighed.

" Hey.. " the female blurted, " How old are you?"

" Seven. What about you?"

" What a coincidence! I'm seven too!" she beamed and flashed a smile to her, " Then..what's your name?"

" My name is ( Y/n ) ( l/n )," she replied, a small smile forming after seeing the human more excited than ever.

" Nice to meet you. ( Y/n )-chan! My name is ( b/f /n ) ( b/f/l/n )."

***

" Ever since that day, we started meeting up in the shrine. My life slowly became colorful again and of course, I became happier. By the age of thirteen, I started working and I earned money. I used that money to go to the same school as she and we spent our lives together as friends for," she then paused and closed her eyes, " For 8 years. I knew her for 8 years."

" Then.. what was your age when you joined Aogiri Tree?" Kaneki asked curiously.

" Hm... Eto first requested me to join when I was 8," Kaneki was about to open his mouth and speak, not until ( Y/n ) interrupted him, " ( b/f/l/n)-san did not know I was a ghoul."

Kaneki shut his mouth and remained quiet, wanting to know more about her and her past.

***