" THE 20TH WARD. It's my first time here."

Under the faint glow of a full moon, three souls found solace in the silence of the night, nestled together on the same, gray pole, they shared. The city's distant hum forms a distant backdrop to their moment, creating a room for unspoken words and unexpressed emotions.

" It feels like time passes by very slowly around here," a female spoke as she adjusted her black mask.

" Idiots. Don't let your guard down," a husky voice said, " Let's hurry up and finish up the work (Y/N) told us to do."

It took no longer than a few good seconds for three people of different colored sweaters to swiftly and soundlessly land behind him. A man, his arms and shoulders buff like a wrestler, lowered his hood and looked up at the glowing pumpkin sternly.

" Are you sure she's here, Banjou-san?"

" There's a coffee shop called Anteiku. It's run by a rather odd old ghoul," Banjou ran his entire right hand through his mustard, tanned hair, but the way he slid through it seemed disheartening, " Let's get going. Rize-san must've gone there."

ELEVENTH WARD

ELEVENTH WARD

Wisps of thin, elevated clouds catch the last rays of the sun, painting the azure in various shades of indigo. It cast solid silhouettes of people standing on the desolate fields as the seagulls fluttered their chalky wings and expelled their feathers.

There was something pungent lingering around them as they crouched down to examine the corpses, a smell that would send spells to cast a gurgling sensation down the pits of their stomach to make them nauseous.

" Not even the least bit of a fight in them," Ayato sighed, and his face was washed with immense dismay as he stood up, " It seems we're done gathering."

(Y/N) dragged her shoes against the stained ground and pushed the bodies of those deceased men aside.

" Is there any news from Banjou?" she slipped her hands into her pockets.

" None."

Ayato clenched his teeth and rubbed his hands, " Damn that clown. At this rate, Yamori and that fairy are going to get the jump on him."

(Y/N) grimly looked up as the hiemal wind slipped through the gaps between the strands of her hair. She seemed to be silently examining the glaucous sector of the sky, but her thumb was hastily sliding around her other arm in incessant circles.

However, her itchy movements ceased when she breathed in deeply and ran her fingers through her hair.

" We'll be changing plans."

" What?" Ayato scrunched his eyebrows at her words before he rolled and clicked the tip of his tongue, " Why?"

" We'll be heading to where Banjou is, the 20th Ward. And just like I was told to do, we will secure Rize. I'm not here to wait," (Y/N) explained and pointed at a small house from the cliff, " So if Banjou can't do it within the time I give him, then I'll do it myself. And if he, Yamori, decides to interfere, I entrust you all to inform me immediately. There, I'll make him supplicate down on his knees on the spot."

Several members dressed in inky coats straightened their backs upon hearing her scrupulous tone, stuttering in sync, " Y-yes!"

" Come to think of it, you're from the 20th Ward, right, Ayato-san and (l/n)-san?" one of them asked, but both their reactions seemed rather disappointing and sour to him.

Ayato sighed, " I don't remember much. It's basically just a cesspool of peace-addled wimps. Now that I think about it, a relative of mine still lives there. One of the peace-addled wimps."

His answer made the nosy underling turn his head to take a good look at (Y/N), though no words broke free from his lips.

(Y/N) showed no sign of a keen reaction after hearing her name, and the absence of prattle and city buzz because of her quietness creates an opportunity for introspection and deep thinking.

Several awkward glances were exchanged between the ghouls, and their tense body language speaks volumes. Shoulders are slightly tense, and their fingers awkwardly twitched.

It was quite obvious how eye contact or quickly averted, as though they were afraid of how they could've possibly reminded her of something she longed to forget. And they all thought one at once: were they bound to be damned for asking that?

" Frankly, I've never gotten myself really involved in that place. But I still do have a connection," the (h/c)-haired broke the silence, speaking in a tone so simple and so composedly, that set every inch of their gloom to flames, " Let's split up. Scan this ward for the last time, and Ayato and I will execute the next plan."

They all nodded and bore with her commands. She remained stoic and silent during the whole procedure as always, glancing at each of their figures turning their cloaks to bend down and scan for any remains.

" Thought you'd lie, apparently not," Ayato snickered.

" And why would I?" she raised an eyebrow.

The navy-haired male chuckled in return, " Come on. It happens pretty often that you'd tell them to fuck off or even shut the fuck up."

" Only when I'm in a bad mood, you moron," she rolled her eyes and tolerated all his badgering remarks without flinching or making a sound.

She truly was the epitome of a soldier, and she would undoubtedly do her job without complaint.