𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧.

✧.。. *.

┊┊┊┊ · °

┊┊┊✯ • *

┊┊☽    * 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

┊┊ *                                       𝐨𝐧𝐞.

┊✯  ° °

☽ * · *

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
what a lovely day it was at kamome high, i was sitting on the rooftop, reading a book that i had been recommended to by yashiro-san. i was the only one there. i found comfort in the isolation.

well, that was, until a familiar sight caught my eye. it was him. akane aoi. the guy i've been helplessly in love with since we were little. but everyone knew that he liked aoi-san. there was no doubt about it.

our friendship was incredibly special to me, yet i was conflicted. i knew i would ruin our friendship if i had confessed. and either way, he still likes aoi.

but, i had a slither of hope left. what if he liked me back? there was a small possibility, and i believed in that.

and alas, today was finally the day. the day i'd do the thing that i'd been longing to do. telling him about my feelings. but if he rejected me, then i'd probably die. but if i didn't tell him, this would probably get worse. but was there even anything worth living for? i couldn't answer that question. i couldn't think things through. i just wanted to tell him.

it was now or never.

"akane-kun!"

he walked towards me. i felt my heartbeat quicken.

"y/n-san. if this is about the papers from last week-"

"no, no it's not because of the papers, akane-kun." i said sternly, looking straight into his lovely eyes.

"then what is it?" he smiled and ruffled my hair. i felt butterflies.

"akane-kun. i'm sorry. i like you. a lot. i just, didn't want to tell you. i love and cherish our friendship, but then again i have these feelings and-" i looked at him, and immediately shut my mouth.

his expression darkened, unable to say anything. at this point, i already knew the answer.

"y/n-san. my heart is already taken by ao-chan. i'm sorry, but nothing can change that. though you are a good friend of mine, and i wouldn't want things to change that. would that be okay with you, being friends?"

oh god. that hurt. i put on a fake smile,

"sure, akane-kun. i'll still be needing those papers!" i chuckled.

"good to hear. i'll be going now." he smiled.

that smile. not that smile. he went through the door that led to the staircase, and left me there.

what a foolish attempt. what was i even thinking. there was only death waiting for me.

i just looked out into the scenery, awaiting death. it was beautiful.

that was it. my last moments. i felt my throat closing up, blocked by the prickled, blood-covered flowers sprouting out of my lungs. i felt the need to breathe as my body fell to the floor, lifeless. i died.