〖✰〗be honest with me.

god. the table was a mess.

a ghost had gotten into the office, and the president had to exorcise it in haste.

this resulted with papers, pens, pencils and books on the floor.

and to make it even better, the blonde had left me here all by myself. because of a so called emergency.

i settled my things down onto the shelf, rolling my sleeves up in hopes of getting this done soon.

crouching down, i gathered a few papers, tapping them on their bottom edges to level them out.

i heard two knocks on the door, with the familiar voice of y/n.

"can i come in? i heard about the mess earlier." i sighed, getting up and placing the neat pile of paper onto my desk, where it should be.

i opened the door, only to see her twinkling orbs staring right at mine.

the moonlight didn't help, either. it kissed her skin, emitting a ethereal-like glow.

she looked like an angel at some point.

"are we just gonna stand here?" she laughed awkwardly.

i broke out of my trance.

"yeah, no come in." i stepped out of the way, leading her inside.

"i'd like to help, and maybe even spend some time together. kinda like old times, right?" she smiled.

"please do so. teru left me to do it myself." i scoffed, but i felt a wave of uneasiness go through me.

"what a slacker, am i right?" she chuckled.

she picked up a few documents, her eyes scanning them as she went.

"are these the plans for the festival?" she edges closer to, trying to let me read it better.

"actually, that's last year's. we should probably throw that out. wonder how it got back here though..."

"so that's why it was so familiar!! remember how you tripped face first into the ground? your mom got so mad because your glasses broke." she laughed.

"hey that's not funny." i glared.

i stood up and leaned against the table, looking out the window.

a thought popped into mind and pure guilt overfilled me.

"why are you here?" i asked.

"what do you mean? i just wanted to hel-"

"cut the bullshit. you still like me, don't you? be honest with me." i noticed her actions as she looked away to the side, presumably embarrassed. i might've been too straightforward.

"yeah. i do."

"you know that i love ao-"

"and yes, i know you love aoi. that  isn't gonna change how i feel about you. you know that."

"yet why do you still pursue me?"

"maybe it's the fact that i can't have you. or maybe i just hate seeing you with her."

"so you don't love me for me? kinda harsh don't you think?"

"you didn't let me finish my sentence. or maybe, i cherish those times we've had since we were kids. maybe i want to recreate those moments as something else."

"something like what?"

"it's too embarrassing, forget it."

"say it."

"nothing, if you don't want me bothering you i'll just go." she stood up and headed for the door.

i acted in impulse and grabbed her wrist before she could go.

i didn't know what to feel.

did i not love aoi?

why was i doubting this now?

"so what if you did have me? what then?"

"i don't know."

"why are you so complicated? one moment i despise you, the other i respect you and now i'm..."

"you're what?"

"i'm contemplating on whether or not i have feelings for you."

"you're lying."

"this isn't some sick joke. i'm not that bad of a person."

and with that, she walked away.