a kiss...?

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊  ┊         ┊

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊   ☾⋆。· ┊

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊ 。.         ┊

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊               ✩·.

┊        ┊           ☆.⋆  ┊  chapter

✰⋆.     ┊ · 。             ┊       eleven.

.  ∘✩                    ✰ .·

⋆     .  *

.    ·

✫    +

·        .      ˚

✹  ·  ·   .  .      ✵

·    .     ·     ·

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"i'm still her true love, right? i know what's gonna happen. this'll cost both of their lives. you see, you're not the only one with information, number seven."

he leaned in, looking at me, our face inches apart, his tall frame over me. his fingertips slowly caressing my face, his eyes looking straight at mine, yashiro seems to be on the floor, and his face nearing mine as each millisecond went by.

was he going to kiss me?

"a-akane... kun?" i managed to say.

and in no time, i was pulled away from him, just as he was about to kiss me. i was kind of disappointed. but i looked up to see who was with me, and surprise surprise, it was hanako-kun.

his left arm was around my waist, while the other arm held yashiro-san. i was pissed. i didn't want this. i didn't want to be left waiting for something that isn't even gonna happen. 

i broke free from hanako's grasp, leaning against the wall, eventually sliding down and ending up sitting on the floor, knees to my chest. i was tired of his little games.

a few minutes of them bickering had passed, with yashiro being held tightly in hanako's arms, me still in the same position i was in, when hanako and akane had finally agreed on helping each other.

hanako then later explained that aoi would most likely be taken into number six's boundary and how it was closest to the far shore, and began to press a few buttons on the elevator. it had powered on, seemingly going down as it went.

ding!

we had arrived.

i stood up and stepped out of the elevator, the others doing the same. i felt water at my feet, but that's just normal as we were entering a boundary. and with that, the doors slid to a close, soon getting covered by a couple clouds.

i looked up ahead, and saw a door. nothing too surprising. just a normal pair of doors.

a few words from the others here and there, but hanako soon opened it and it was a marvelous sight. 

we had searched almost everywhere in the boundary, and still no aoi to be found.

and then suddenly, the basket that yashiro had been holding, was now glowing.

[ion know wtf im doing anymore help im sorry most of this is just explaining what happens in the manga and third-wheeling for the couples so yea extra pain]

"why was this glowing?" yashiro questioned.

"i don't know." hanako replied.

"why so suddenly?" akane remarked.

"maybe it was a reaction?" hanako pondered.

"maybe a very strong ghost was nearby?" yashiro excitedly said, though her voice had a tinge of nervousness to it.

"guess who~" the all too familiar voice of the one who was the main cause of my heartbreak had said. wait what? aoi?

i turned to yashiro, who's eyes have been covered by aoi's, or what seemed to be aoi's long slender fingers.

"aoi!" yashiro exclaimed.

"where were you?" i asked her, trying to be the nicest i could. i just couldn't help it. i didn't see what he saw in her. i just didn't get why he'd risk my life in order to save hers.

"i ran away when i saw you guys! up until now, i had been with that bone guy. i was lucky he didn't hurt me though." she smiled, taking yashiro's and my hands into hers.

i was still uncertain.

"...hey." hanako said. i realized that he'd been awfully quiet.

"did you escape from number six on your own?" he questioned. i turned to him, he looked like he was hiding something behind his back.

"aren't you nene-chan's crush?" she answered back, completely avoiding the question. he knew his weak spots. and as each second went by, the uncertainty that rested in the back of my head grew larger and larger.

as she said that, it had led to the familiar argument between the three of them on whether or not yashiro-chan had a crush on hanako."

"are you really alright? i'm sorry  i couldn't save you I-" the ginger apologized.

"it's okay, i'm glad you're here. thank you, akane-kun." she looked up to him, and smiled.

"i love you." she continues, still smiling cheerfully.

it was as if a wave of lightning went through the ginger, as he was in a state of pure shock

it was as if a wave of lightning went through the ginger, as he was in a state of pure shock. he the proceeded to kneel and lean his forehead on one of the pillars, and threw up.

"i'm sorry, she's just too cute!" he said, clutching his heart as he spoke.

"marry me." he turned to aoi. she declined.

a moment later, after catching up on a few things, we decided to go. but what was hanako on about earlier? what was the use of asking her that question? i couldn't help but doubt her. it couldn't be this easy, right...?