〖✰〗flowers.

as i was walking by, i saw y/n near the garden in her signature yukata, admiring the flowers as they stood upon the basking sunlight of day.

she looked... pretty, i guess.

ao-chan is prettier though. i smiled to myself. the smile quickly washed away, i shouldn't compare the two of them. they're both attractive in their own ways.

that's logical, right? but why did it seem as if i was defending her-

my train of thought was interrupted as a crying two year old came running into the garden. i however, was behind a tree. she didn't know i was there.

as she heard the toddler's cries, she walked up to him. she crouched down, making eye contact with the kid.

she held his hand.

"hey there! what's wrong? why are you crying?" she wiped away his tears.

for a moment i wanted to be the crying boy.

i shook the thought away.

"mama..." he cried.

"my mama..." he sniffles.

"mama... she's gone!" he says as he starts sobbing uncontrollably.

y/n pats the kid's back and hands him a lollipop, which seemingly came out of nowhere.

"here, this'll make you feel better."

"where did you last see your mom?" she asks him as she pats his head.

"near the *hic* fountain..."

that was when a familiar blonde appeared. he walked to the kid, and did the same thing y/n was. sitting down beside him, he comforted the child.

"y/n-chan! did you make the kid cry? i didn't know you were so mean to little kids..." he teased.

"teru, shut up! he's lost and he doesn't know where his mom is." she says as he flicked his forehead. they looked like a married couple, they looked cute.

i felt a tinge of jealousy flash through me. i couldn't possibly...

no. we're just childhood friends. she's just a friend. nothing less, nothing more.

"let's look around for his mom, then." he suggested.

"hmm... hanako said i shouldn't walk around though!" she said. the toddler was clinging to her like a koala on a tree.

"onee-san... help me find my mom... please?" he looked at her with beaming eyes.

"look at him... how can i say no to that, teru-chan?" she said as he caressed the kid's back.

"ne, what's your name?"

"mako! i'm seven years old! wait i shouldn't be telling you this, mama says i can't be friends with strangers!"

"we're not strangers, mako-chan! i'm y/n. and the annoying nee-san here is teru. he's scary!" she laughed.

"hey, i'm not scary! ne, mako-chan! let's look for your mom, she's probably in the principal's office." he smiled at mako.

she stood up, taking mako and the president's hand in hers. they started to walk to the exit, yet y/n tripped because of a rock.

i just watched in anticipation as she fell on the powerful exorcist.

"aww, purposefully tripping to have one of those cliche moments with me? how cute, you love me after all" he chuckled.

"dumbass, i don't!!"

"hey wait, you're warm."

that was when i walked out on impulse. i didn't know what to say, or feel. i just wanted to leave.