i love you?

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊  ┊         ┊

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊   ☾⋆。· ┊

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊ 。.         ┊

┊        ┊           ┊     ┊               ✩·.

┊        ┊           ☆.⋆  ┊

✰⋆.     ┊ · 。             ┊

.  ∘✩                    ✰ .·

⋆     .  *chapter

.    ·   fourteen.

✫    +

·        .      ˚

✹  ·  ·   .  .      ✵

·    .     ·     ·

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

i woke up. my body laying on two desks aligned together, making a makeshift bed.

i looked around, trying to figure out where i was. everything seemed so familiar. it was my classroom.

am i fully dead? is this heaven? i thought to myself.

i got up, seeing the tall frame of someone leaning against the doorway.

the famous blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes stared right back at me. teru.

his eyes softened, the glare he once had now gone. he smiled. i smiled back at him.

"i see you're awake. you feeling alright?" he asked me.

"yeah. thanks for getting me here and taking care of me!" i looked down at myself, noticing i had bandages all around my stomach and legs.

i was in my school uniform, too. i blushed at the thought. he couldn't have, right?

"i was about to ask you how you got here though." he looked at me curiously. i shot him back the same look.

"huh? what do you mean? and who changed my clothes?" now it was his turn to get flustered.

"i found you here, bleeding and all. and, i was the one who changed your clothes. hear me out though, your yukata was really bloody and dirty, if it had touched your wound more then you could've gotten an infection. and don't worry about it, i tried my best not to look or anything." he spurted out in a hurry. it was rare to see teru like this.

i smiled at him.

"i don't get how i got here, but i understand your reasoning about the whole yukata thing." i chuckled,  rubbing the back of my neck.

"thanks. and you don't know the full extent of your abilities right? you probably teleported or something. either that or you walked here. or someone brought you, but i think that'd be unlikely." he stopped leaning on the wall, patting off the dirt from his cloak and ruffling his hair.

"maybe." i wondered.

"hmm. anyways, i still have to help the ginger and his girlfriend out. they might be in bad trouble. wanna come with?" he asked, reaching his hand out for me to take it.

my eyes lit up, memories flashing of the events that had taken place right before my slumber.

i slid my legs off the desk, now only sitting in one, using my arms to support myself and stand up. there was a sharp pain in my stomach, taking me by surprise and almost falling.

gladly, teru made it just in time to support my by my arms.

yet his face was in very close vicinity to mine.

i looked up at him, his eyes shining a bright blue. he looked so pretty, i thought.

"thank you." i smiled at him. pushing him away softly, i stood up by myself, getting used to the hurt in my stomach.

he reached his arm out.

"you can use me as support if you want." he grinned.

"teru, it's fine. i can stand up by myself, but thank you" i laughed, walking with him.

we were walking side by side, heading to god knows where.

he slid his hand into mine, interlocking his fingers with my digits. his hand was warm.

i looked up to face him, yet he was looking to the side. his ears were red though. did he have a fever?

i let go of his hand and tapped him on the shoulder.

"teru-chan, are you doing alright?" i said, calling him by a nickname i had given him since we were kids.

he looked at me, astonished due to the fact that nobody had called him that for a while.

his face was really red... maybe he did have a fever.

and in a flash, i was pinned to the wall.

his hand leaning against the concrete, his tall frame towering over me, his ocean blue eyes staring into mine.

"i know this probably isn't the best time to say this, but this is the only chance i'll probably ever get." he leaned back, taking his hands off the wall. not breaking eye contact with me.

"i love you. and it hurts so bad to know you love akane. i'm not trying to have you as my girlfriend or anything, but i just wanted you to know that i've loved you ever since we were little kids. i've been keeping this a secret for quite a long time now, and i just figured i'd tell you. just in case something happens."

a tear rolled down his cheek. he looked so sorrowful.

i reached my hand up to touch his cheek, wiping away the tear with my thumb.

he held that very hand and rubbed circles on my palm with his fingers.

he then pulled me into a hug, crying into my shoulder.

"y/n. i love you"