𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐓, bonfire confessions

BONFIRE CONFESSIONS
A Newt x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: Based off the prompts, "I love you

SUMMARY: Based off the prompts, "I love you." + "Tell me that when you're sober." + "I'm pretty sure (you're/she's/he's/they're) my soulmate."

WARNING(S): Alcohol consumption (604 words)

The bonfire night was one of the Gladers favourite

The bonfire night was one of the Gladers favourite. It allowed everyone to wind down and relax for the night, something to look forward to every month. Of course, everyone but the current Greenie of course. They were always so scared and confused that it'd take a few months before they actually started enjoying the bonfire nights.

This was where Newt came in. Being one of the more kind-hearted of Gladers and second-in-command, he would often sacrifice most of his possible free-time to sit down with the current Greenie and help them feel comfortable so as he sat beside them tonight with a glass of Gally's secret recipe in hand, he amusingly watched as the boy took everything in. They always looked like a child entering a candy shop, though Newt couldn't quite understand how he would've known. He hasn't been able to remember his life before the Glade, if that even existed, for years.

"You'll remember it soon Greenie, just relax." Newt told him, his words slightly slurred as he took another sip of the drink.

"Um maybe you should lay off the drink. What even is that?" The Greenie asked, narrowing his eyes at the drink in Newt's hands. It was a bright orange liquid wiht what he assumed were herbs and spices.

"Oh this? One of Gally's secret recipe that's what. Burns a little but still good. Wanna try?" Newt offered and the Greenie politely declined. Newt simply shrugged as he took another sip of the drink before leaning back on the log.

The Greenie noticed that as the second-in-command would scan over teh crowd of people, his eyes fell on a particular person. They sat on the ground beside Chuck and Alby and laughed at something someone had said. Looking back towards him, the Greenie asked: "Who's that?"

"That would be (Y/N), been dating them for about a year now."

"A year? You've been in here for over a year?"

"Well we haven't been able to find a way out so yes, we have."

The Greenie sat in silence, still taking in the fact that there were people who ahve been here for that long. It was a miracle none of them had given up yet.

"I'm pretty sure they're my soulmate." Newt suddenly said after downing another one of Gally's drink.

"Do you even know what a soulmate is?" The Greenie questioned amusingly.

"Just because I don't know what my life was before the Glade doesn't mean I don't know anything at all." Newt said before setting the empty glass down onto the ground. Bringing his hands up to his mouth as if to act as a megaphone, the second-in-command shouted: "(Y/N), I think I love you."

A few people stopped to look at Newt then (Y/N) while others simply ignored it as if this was normal.

"Tell me that when you're sober." Was (Y/N)'s response before returning to the conversation they were previously having with Chuck and Alby.

Newt chuckled from beside him. Turning to face him, he noticed how despite (Y/N) not even looking in his direction, Newt was still admiring them from afar.

Despite barely even knowing them, the Greenie felt as though he's known them all since forever. There was something inside him, a feeling of some sort, that wanted to find a way out for the sake of them. It felt like guilt, though he couldn't understand why he'd feel guilty. He had just met them yet they just seemed so familiar. Somehow freeing them from the Glade seemed like the least he could do, for whatever he had done to them before the Glade.